Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
image001.jpg

I just bought my ticket. Here's hoping.
There were to be a total of 400 tickets, as I understand it.

I contacted Melanie and asked if I might spread the word and the reply was:

"We have approx. 100 tickets left so if you are able to spread the word soon that would be GREAT! The draw is in 10 days time though. The hunt will take place in 2015 as we have the buffalo on permit for 2015."

Please note that the raffle due to be drawn by the Save Valley Conservancy in 2012 was held off for obvious reasons due to permit issues.

Those who have previously purchased tickets in 2012, you are definitely in this draw.
You can contact Melanie and get a new copy of your ticket if you require it.

The draw will take place on 31st March 2015.
There are still some unsold tickets and so anyone interested in buying a last minute ticket
please contact Melanie Duckworth on admin@savevalleyconservancy.org

If you want further details on the Save Valley Conservancy please go to this website.
http://savevalleyconservancy.org

To benefit anti-poaching efforts in Save Valley Conservancy Zimbabwe. Specifically,
the protection of the Save Valley Black Rhinos.

The raffle tickets are $100 each.

Prize is as follows:

$2000 towards airline tickets
10 days buffalo hunting
1 x Buffalo trophy fee
1 x Wildbeest trophy fee
1 x Impala trophy fee
1 x Baboon trophy fee

PH's TBD. The hunt will be held in the Save Conservancy.

Contact The Save Valley Conservatory via E-mail. They will inform you of a method of payment.

They responded with an E-mail that included a Link. I have included the link here.
They said they would send the Raffle ticket numbers after they confirm payment.

Good luck and yet another cause to support Wildlife Conservation.

This is my understanding:

Last edited:
I appreciate you pointing the typo out Big5

Unfortunately, I'm short of funds right now, or I'd take a chance......can't do any worse than I have with the lottery tickets!:(

Brickburn;
Is this something that they do annually? If so, I'll make sure to get a ticket next year.:A Thumbs Up:

This was supposed to go off in 2012. Then the political turmoil hit Save and they just got the permit for the Buffalo this year. Now they are doing the draw asap.

I hope they can do it next year. The Anti poaching program can sure use the support.

I hope my 2012 ticket is still valid as I was a bit miffed it didn't go off as advertised. Understandable considering the politics over there.

I hope my 2012 ticket is still valid as I was a bit miffed it didn't go off as advertised. Understandable considering the politics over there.

Very understandable given where they have to operate.

When they are saying "tickets left", I can only assume they are counting those previously sold in the mix.

Good luck.

Technical boo boo that I'll work on right now.

Test the new link Mike.

Last edited:

YOUR TICKET IS STILL VALID AND WILL BE IN THE DRAW

If you want another copy email Melanie and she will send you a copy.

Just sent them an email now asking if there are any tickets left. Hopefully they will come back to me soon :)

Excellent idea and very nice to know that the proceedings will actually go to anti-poaching and not some other bs.

Just sent them an email now asking if there are any tickets left. Hopefully they will come back to me soon :)

Excellent idea and very nice to know that the proceedings will actually go to anti-poaching and not some other bs.

Getting late in the day on a Sunday.

I trust the folks in the Save Conservancy to have the funds go to the exact program depicted in the video.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Well I got mine this afternoon, so fingers crossed. I don't know if people in other countries do this? Cross fingers I mean. Anyway, I'll be in Save next week regardless.

In case anyone is wondering how far the money goes this should give you a pretty good idea.

https://www.givenow.com.au/savevalleyconservancy

Where will my money go?
All proceeds go directly to equip and train our anti-poaching scouts. We urgently need basic kit such as clothing and camping equipment. To fit with our ethos of sustainability, we source our equipment second-hand or from army disposals.

• $15 gives a water bottle
  • $20 gives a pair of boots
  • $35 gives a sleeping bag
  • $40 gives a 75 litre backpack; enough to carry supplies for a 14 day patrol
  • $50 gives a tent
  • $100 gives a uniform: 2 shirts, 2 pairs socks, hat, trousers and overalls
  • $250 gives a spare tyre for a recovery vehicle
  • $350 gives a radio & GPS

Just donated/bought two raffle tickets so fingers crossed :)

Spike.t you sold the only rifle you were allowed to shoot a buff with so why even enter? ;)

Spike.t you sold the only rifle you were allowed to shoot a buff with so why even enter? ;)
LOLOLOL!!!!

Uhm.... I mean, that's not funny Timt.... :A Stirring:

OOOOOOOHH!!!!! :E Blush:........was kinda waiting for some reminder of that..........:E Big Grin: but still got my other .470 :A Tease:...unless it was sold over the weekend..........

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg