Save on trophy fees by paying cash?

• Thread starter Deleted member 11879
  • Start date
I hunt places that take the rand and the only deal I get is when the rand is like now 14.71 to the dollar, that allows me get a animal at a little lower rate. a 10,000 rand animal would cost me 695.00 USD. with my US passport I can exchange dollars for rand at a bank. I did pick up a Zimbabwe 200,000 note for shits and giggles.

DSCN1867 (2).JPG
DSCN1868 (2).JPG
DSCN1738 (2).JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I hunt places that take the rand and the only deal I get is when the rand is like now 14.71 to the dollar, that allows me get a animal at a little lower rate. a 10,000 rand animal would cost me 695.00 USD. with my US passport I can exchange dollars for rand at a bank. I did pick up a Zimbabwe 200,000 note for shits and giggles.

View attachment 285965 View attachment 285966 View attachment 285967

Yes sir.... that it the one way to leverage the dollar. A brokerage play. Very wise & a gamble.... like the stock market.

But lets say a kudu is $2500USD...... then on the ground to say, I’ll give you give you $1500USD cash.... that’s just BS.

If they accept, yes one wins, out of their desperation. Not on the gentleman agreement.

Deals can be made.... on/off books.... I get it. People say cash is king. However, I don’t believe in going over with the intent of bending the locals over a barrel.

I would prefer to be 4 square.... cultivating relationships for the present & Future opportunities.

I don,t crab on the price, once set I pay it. but with the rise and fall of the rand you can get more bang for your buck if you exchange money when the rand is under valued. at 11- 1 a 10,000 rand animal would cost you 909.00 USD, the same animal at 14.71 to 1 would cost you 679.00 USD. I have friends who are in south Africa several times a year and have them buy me rand when the rand is under valued to the dollar.

Reactions: BWH
That’s a wise & strong play for those that know they will be returning & have the banking arrangements in trust.

Probably the topic for another thread but I wonder how many outfitters take credit cards. Personally, I've never paid an hunting or fishing venue with credit.

I hunt with Kubusi Safaris, Tuskers Lodge, Grahamstown, SA, they accept credit card and/or cash when settling up after the hunt. All tips are at the hunters discretion and it's requested to be paid by other means than CC, (i.e. cash- USD: PH & PH's tracker and ZAR (or USD) to all others.

When paying with CC there is a 2.5% fee to cover processing and exchange fees charged by the local banks. The 2.5% fee isn't charged when paying with cash.

I have yet to request this, BUT they have different fees that might be negotiated: i.e. taking a cull animal vs a trophy animal or vice versa.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaI60135

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!