Savage weather warrior .300 Win Mag???

MISportsman

AH veteran
Reaction score
Just saw a killer deal on a older (no accustock or accutrigger) savage weather warrior .300 win mag at my local gun store. I already have a .300 win mag. Its just a cheap Remington 783, but its a shooter and has given me 0 problems. Do I buy the savage?

In a word...YES! Savage’s are accurate out of the box and you can have one tuned up very nicely. Since it’s such a great deal, you should probably go ahead and get a Bell and Carlson stock for it...

Sounds like a solution in search of a problem.....

Sounds like a solution in search of a problem.....
Answer? It depends. If you reload you may need to set your dies differently, use dedicated brass for each rifle and develop different loads for each. The same goes for shooting factory loads, each rifle may prefer differnt ammo.

All the Savage rifles I have come in contact with through our hunters, have always been very accurate. Plus, any rifle, is an investment in my eyes.:D

If it's a killer deal: buy it, shoot it, hunt it. If it doesnt shoot well, sell it.

Sounds good to me. Buddy has that exact rifle. Shoot great, only issue I have with it is that's it peppy off the bench due to it being light. Would make a fine walking all day rifle.

I have a left-handed Weather Warrior in 7mm-08 that I put in a Boyd's laminate stock. Zero complaints or problems and more accurate than I am.

Just saw a killer deal on a older (no accustock or accutrigger) savage weather warrior .300 win mag at my local gun store. I already have a .300 win mag. Its just a cheap Remington 783, but its a shooter and has given me 0 problems. Do I buy the savage?

Buy!

That's what I was leaning towards! I can use the savage when I'm going to be doing a lot of walking or be in the mountains or somewhere where the weather is going it be nasty and set my Remington up to is in a stand when my shot distance will be a little farther out there

I hunt in Michigan as well. I still "hate" the idea of subjecting my nice blue wood stocked rifles to nasty weather. My solution was to purchase a "foul" weather rifle to be used when conditions warranted it. In short buy the rifle. If you reload, you just have to full length resize the brass to use your loads in both rifles. Or as previously mentioned keep the brass separated and neck size for each respective rifle. Either way, you can't go wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadSimpso

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg