Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA endowment member/Life member
Hunted
All 6 Continents
Has anyone taken a lever action rifle into Namibia? There was a thread that touched on the legality of using a lever gun in Africa, and all concluded that it was no problem. I just read Jerome's info on RSA importing and transiting of guns and it says "no automatic, semi automatic, lever or slide actions are allowed....". Maybe we were wrong. I now wonder if I can transit to Namibia, via J'Burg with my trusty Savage 99 takedown? Or if the rifle is even legal in Namibia, and whether the new requirements in Frankfurt make direct travel to Windhoek difficult with this rifle. I don't see a firearm designed 116 years ago as the preferred weapon of terrorists, but who knows what a Govt agency thinks? Or if.................................thanks for any help............................FWB

Might check with Henry at riflepermits.com?

I know I took a semi-auto shotgun to Zim last August And went through Joberg with no issue. I did write a letter of motivation in advance.

I know I've read about folks using lever actions in SA.... perhaps things have changed?

Unless something has changed in South Africa I took a Marlin 1895 in 45-70 two years ago and that is most definitely a lever gun. No problems!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg