Savage 116 in .375H&H

but bob in 375, where does that leave the m17 action?
it is enough to put a man between a rock and a hard place.
bruce.
@bruce moulds
That leaves the M17 action available to build a 404, 416 or even a 505 Gibbs.
Bob

If I was gonna own one big bore it definitely wouldn't be a savage priced the same as a Winchester . Not trying to shit on savage but they seem to change designs all the time and I'd go with a proven performer for similar price such as the CZ or M70 . Just my two cents .

I’ve got a good friend that owns a savage 116 in .375hh (stainless with synthetic stock)... he bought it used for $650...

It’s lights out accurate and has been reliable with everything he’s fed it so far...

I wouldn’t trade him for my Win 70 stainless classic in 375hh.. I prefer my rifle...

But for $650 he got a great deal on a more than capable buff gun (he took a buff in Moz in 2018 with it...)... and he’s been 100% satisfied with it..

My best friend has a Savage 110 in 375 Ruger. It's also lights out accurate.

I've owned several Savage rifles, but never over .30 caliber. That being said, every Savage I've owned was capable of better accuracy out of the box than any other production rifle. Rivaling the Blaser R8's that I now have, with the Savage rifles a fraction of the cost.

The Savage name was built on accuracy, reliability and affordability. They win on all counts. Where they loose (in some eyes) is aesthetics. The barrel nut is a common gripe along with the PF action and no really elegant wood offerings. And still, all they do is go bang and kill stuff.

If I were on the market for an accurate, reliable and affordable rifle in 375...Savage would be in the conversation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HongPilgri

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg