Sauer rifles

Jamie D Van Roekel

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Those of you with experience with Sauer rifles, what have you found to be the good, the bad, and the ugly about them?

The gun stores in my area don’t carry Sauer so if I would like to go that route what would be the best way to get hooked up with one?

Any insight would be appreciated.

I love my sauers, but my favorite ones say West Germany on them.. Sauer 90's... However I do also like the 202 rifes.. After that they have been made to cater to the American market with cheaper features.. However I think they all shoot pretty well

Not much help but I owned a Sauer M90 (Colt Sauer) in 30-06 for a few years. Couldn't bring myself to use and abuse it enough as a hunting rifle to really test its strengths or reveal any weaknesses. It felt really good in the hand, cycled like no other bolt rifle I've ever handled, felt good on the shoulder and shot well. As a hunting rifle, IMO, it seemed too pretty or too "exquisite"... maybe is the better term. It was easy to sell for decent money and I think they hold value well. They (in my experience the M90s) definitely do not look or feel cheap in the hand. All in all, very impressive factory rifles.

My experience with Sauer is limited. Tried 100 of a friend, and is OK.
For lower end sauer 100, 101, barrel is heat shrunk to receiver. (not threaded). Changing the barrel later will be an issue. magazine double stack is ok.

high end Sauer 202, 404.
newer model, 404 aluminium receiver (if acceptable for you) locks in barrel. Modular rifle, with exchangeable barrel. Magazine single stack. Not my preference.
But if you want modular rifle with exchangeable barrels, should be ok.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniata1951

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross