Sauer Conversion Double Rifle In .450 3.25" NE

matt85

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
USA, South Africa, and Namibia
This rifle started its life as a Saur 12g shotgun but has been converted by a gunsmith to 450 3.25" NE. I purchased this rifle at one of the shoots in AK from another forum member and shot a box of Hornady factory loads threw it then lost interest (I prefer larger guns). the action is strong and locks up tight and in general the gun is well built. I haven't played too much with finding an ideal regulating load but Hornady factory ammunition would be suitable for hunting. its a very nice double considering its cost but I feel its important to mention the gun is fairly muzzle heavy (the weight is in the barrels). the rifle does have some minor surface rust spots on the action (pic 5) and some damage to the rear sight (last picture). all in all this would make an excellent working rifle or a hunting rifle that you don't need to worry about dragging around in the bush.

weight: 11 pounds 1 ounce
LOP: 15"
barrel length: 24"
extractors

im asking $4100.00 + shipping for the rifle. this is what I have into it, so im afraid im not taking any lower offers. feel free to ask question and more pictures can be taken upon request.

thank you
-Matt

Attachments

• actionright_zpspril7qfn.jpg
    actionright_zpspril7qfn.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 264
  • forgrip_zpsxi6pcx1z.jpg
    forgrip_zpsxi6pcx1z.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 220
  • muzzle_zpsewsrrhjt.jpg
    muzzle_zpsewsrrhjt.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 251
  • downthebarrels_zpshencms0d.jpg
    downthebarrels_zpshencms0d.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 228
  • actiontop_zpsocwz0lpq.jpg
    actiontop_zpsocwz0lpq.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 212
  • frontsight_zpstoqzoi2d.jpg
    frontsight_zpstoqzoi2d.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 221
  • damage_zpsbdufpzvd.jpg
    damage_zpsbdufpzvd.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 252
  • actionleft_zpsckgngihf.jpg
    actionleft_zpsckgngihf.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 318
  • stockright_zpsxrnr78x7.jpg
    stockright_zpsxrnr78x7.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 243
  • rifleright_zps3gvu0g2y.jpg
    rifleright_zps3gvu0g2y.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 195
  • stockright2_zpsurm72wsr.jpg
    stockright2_zpsurm72wsr.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 215
Last edited by a moderator:
Not bad, comparable to the Sabatti in cost.

Very cool! I really like that caliber too.

Damn. If you had put this up a month ago I would have bought it. I want one of these pretty bad, but I just bought a J.P. Sauer Drilling so im out. :cry:

this rifle is still available, i know she isnt the prettiest thing but you would be hard pressed to find a better double rifle for the money!

-matt

Bro if I had the $$$$ right now I'd jump all over this as it's the only double I'd be able to afford in a caliber I really like.

Matt85 I think this us a great offer!

this rifle is still available.

-matt

still available.

-matt

if I didn't already have plans for the money then Id be game. but I want to commission Heym or VC to build me a 500 NE.

-matt

Right on well if you change your mind holler at me. :)

I got a better idea, you should buy it from me. it would make an outstanding hog cannon that would be inexpensive enough for you not to worry about using it in the field.

I hear those TX pigs can be real nasty, especially when you find a sow with piglets.

-matt

I got a better idea, you should buy it from me. it would make an outstanding hog cannon that would be inexpensive enough for you not to worry about using it in the field.

I hear those TX pigs can be real nasty, especially when you find a sow with piglets.

-matt
They damn sure can but alas I have a 375 and 416 for that. Available cash is my prob. Taxidermy bills.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hi88vipsite

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg