Sauer 90 in 375 H&H and BRNO 602

Do not worry about my sexual preferences.....

I do have a Brno in .375 H & H,..... but you do not have a Sauer 90!
You think???
I have MANY in my gunshop.. Just to Pick and choose, but I prefer BRNO.
I NEVER SAID BAD ABOUT Sauer BTW.. They are great rifles and I stock them.. Just not "another piece of old iron".... Opinion is one thing.. But slagging another!

;)

HWL

I remember doing a safari in a neighboring country. We had to travel through a different country to get there and could not get transit permits for my rifles. I was assured there was a usable 375 H&H in camp I could use. I took my own 340gr ammunition with.

Sure there it was a Sako, with a cracked stock in two places....I got some wood screws, drilled a few holes screwed the whole lot together and duct taped over the repairs. Off to the range, loaded up and took the first shot at which point the magazine floor plate opened and dumped the contents at my feet.....more repairs and duct tape that was also sorted.

At least it hit where I was aiming and worked when I had to use it....but never again.....

Sauer 90.. is`nt that almost the same as the old Carl Gustav 3000 with the push button tang safety?
I had one of those in 9,3x62. Sometimes when firing the safety would engage. It even happened when I shot a bear. Exiting hunting indeed. I know from other forums that my rifle wasn`t unique in this respect. That is.. Not going exclusively into safe when fired on bears,,,:whistle:..but I know several guys have reported CG3000 occasionally had their safety`s engaged when fired...
I also recall that the cases when fired had a really flat primers, indicating that the cases stretched in the chamber possibly because the bolt got a little jammed back when firing.
Anyways it was a very nicely built rifle. Very nice finish. Stiff action, and it was very accurate. In fact almost as accurate as my old 1967 ZKK 602 in 375H&H.
But comparing the Sauer to the 602 is like showing up at military trials with a BMW X5 going up against Hummer H1 would`nt it.

But comparing the Sauer to the 602 is like showing up at military trials with a BMW X5 going up against Hummer H1 wouldn't it.

Yep, two different concepts... and both are lethal :E Rofl:

upload_2020-4-23_16-53-19.png

upload_2020-4-23_16-44-0.png

Last edited:
Hmmm I’m now thinking the Sauer May be more fun ....
That thing (in the Ferrari is`nt it) is more fun in a Hummer.. Using the same metaphor it will be a Purdey,,meaning a huge black hole in the bank-account and an eternal distant smile haha

But seriously, if going the Sauer way take note of what I wrote. I would give the safety some attention.
Also take note that the locking lugs/finns are moving parts. They must totally lock the bolt. If there are a slightest chance of movement when locked the bolt maybe pushed a little bit back when firing thereby stretching the cases and in best case making them unsuitable for reloading.
I would demand to see cases shot in the rifle. If there are any room for them to stretch, very flat primers will be a good sign. If they stretch long there will often appear a bright ring around the case.

Personally I would definitely go for a ZKK602, do any necessary mods eventually and never look back.

The way I see it is if I were to be under attack and in mortal peril, I would definitely choose the Hummer with rocket launcher ahead of a Ferrari with gorgeous scantily clad woman. After the battle is won and the choice may be different!
The decision is made, the tough as nails 602 it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LawerenceV

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross