Satellite image shows dust over Namib

NamStay

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Source: https://www.republikein.com.na/nuus/satellietbeeld-wys-stof-oor-namib2020-09-30/

A dust case observed on July 17 at Walvis Bay by a satellite of the European organization for the use of meteorological satellites was so severe that people compared it to the biblical plagues.
Dr. Thulwaneng Mashifane, a postdoctoral fellow on the Egagasini node of the South African Environmental Observation Network (SAEON), writes in their recent online newsletter that more than five severe wind-related events have occurred along the coast of Namibia and South Africa since June. Africa occurred.
This satellite image shows dust blowing across the sea from Namibia.
Photo by Lauren Dauphin, Nasa.

satellietbeeld-wys-stof-oor-namib2020-09-300.jpg

shootist~

Bronze supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA Life Member, USPSA Certified Range Officer (inactive), NRA Certified Instructor (inactive)
Hunted
USA, Mexico
That's an amazing photo. Is this normal or an indication of severe drought?

Philip Glass

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.dorper.net
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
It’s a desert I’m sure this happens from time to time.

Ray B

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
I'm guessing that the dust "lands" on the water and filters its way to the bottom of the sea? So given the usual direction of currents, has the ocean bottom been affected?

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Just came from a hunt and already longing for the bush
JPmbogo wrote on yhc's profile.
I have factory loaded Hornady 450 NE 3 1/4 DGS that I am selling for not much more than the brass itself at $75/box - see my listing for same.
Justbryan wrote on Rafter JK's profile.
Get Crazy Larry yet? Wishing I had shot Alpine Ibex too!
laurence burkin wrote on UKHunter's profile.
Hi the dude in the picture. It would be cool to know the area (genetics) of the stag you have in your profile picture. I am from New Zealand and shot a stag here that is almost identical, especially the throw backs. I can send you a photo to prove I'm genuine with my enquiry.