AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
RMEF, DU, SCI, NRA
One of the companies we do business with lined up a customer appreciation fishing trip earlier this week. I was planning on sending two of my sons on the trip; all along they were planning on one of them backing out at the last minute and making me go (plus some of the things going on here at the farm they're better at than me). So, at the last minute I threw some stuff together and headed for the Upper Columbia River, where it flows out of Canada and into Washington, for a couple of days of trout fishing with one of my sons. I had never been on this stretch of the Columbia and it was interesting enough and beautiful enough to have been worth the trip without fishing, but come on, everything's better with fishing involved! We had to 'rough it' in a cabin right on the river's edge and had someone else cooking great meals for us as well. The weather was too hot and the fishing suffered because of it, but it had been close to three years since I last fished and held a trout - it was heaven on earth for two days and nice to get reacquainted with peace & sanity. The only down side to the trip was how hard it was to get up early and head to work instead of the river once I was back home.

I may not be able to spell 'serenity' without a dictionary, but I know it when I see it!
UpperColumbia1.jpg

IMG_2639.JPG

We were fishing from the Canadian border & downstream for about 12 miles. The rocks in the background are in Canada.
IMG_2647.JPG

I wish this was the view from my room at home.
IMG_2636.JPG

A view to dream about.
UpperColumbia2.jpg

Nice!

Wow, looks amazing! Thanks for sharing!

Somebody has to do it bud! Looks great

Two nearly perfect days it seems. Good for you and hats off to the son that stayed home so you'd have to go!

It is nice to relax! Good for you!

Wow. Jealous. Congrats on a well deserved break

We all need some time to recharge our batteries. That looks like a great place to go and fish. Thanks for the pics. Bruce

Beautiful place to be!

You sure have some nice looking country on your side of the pond. Can't wait to visit it one day!

Beautiful. Thanks for posting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineDu

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross