Gold supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
RSA, Canada, USA, NZ
Halibut in SF Bay have been on fire this year and we’ve been enjoying some live bait and trolling trips to: the SF Airport, Alameda, Oakland, Berkeley and around Marin county.
0638DDC3-F53E-4DD0-8924-E863D8B136F7.jpeg

B5B39F01-7248-4C27-A290-D0354D2AC540.jpeg

61F918AE-9963-4914-B23A-17B19E80A622.jpeg
FF5C15A8-1282-4E09-A293-93E8B5F84536.jpeg

Nice catches and certainly some fantastic eating.

Looks like a great trip out! Enjoy the feed

California Halibut are similar to Pacific Halibut in taste but better. Lighter and sweeter. Great for fish n chips or grilled…

Looks delicious. One gets decent fish in Johannesburg but I don't recall halibut on a menu.

Looks great! I visited that area all the time for work and family, not really sure why I never pursued any fishing. I guess I just assumed it was all fished out. I remember as a youngster in the 80's-90's fishing the Sacramento River and rarely had success. I guess I just wrote the whole region off. Might have to try to set something up next time I'm down visiting family.

Looks great! I visited that area all the time for work and family, not really sure why I never pursued any fishing. I guess I just assumed it was all fished out. I remember as a youngster in the 80's-90's fishing the Sacramento River and rarely had success. I guess I just wrote the whole region off. Might have to try to set something up next time I'm down visiting family.
Don't overlook the striped bass fishing in the Bay either! Better fight and excellent eating.

Has the fishing improved since I left the area in the early 90's? Or was I just a poor fisherman?

We did a couple of ‘chicken’ runs in June every year to fill the freezer. The 20-40 pounders (chickens) would be close in off anchor point. Never did get totally comfortable with the beach launch.

Nice flounder
good to see the bay produce some fish again

Sounds like great fishing. I wish I was fishing myself. Congrats
Bruce

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ekaterina Lobach North Fork Bullets

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!