Salute to Veterans this Memorial Day

To our fallen comrades.

Edit: As I typed this quick response, it made me think of some of my U.S. Army brethren I had served with and am now losing contact with. I'll reach out and give them a call today.
There is a website, together we served, that helps one regain contact with people you served with (US forces).

There is a website, together we served, that helps one regain contact with people you served with (US forces).

Thanks, checked out the site. As I did a three year exchange with the US Army, found quite a few familiar faces rather quickly.

i look at this picture(taken 50 odd years ago on R&R) and wonder how we lived so long, do you ever wonder why me as the years have gone by most of the people i grew up with-served with-loved are gone or going. i,ll be 78 in a few months and the down hill is going a lot faster than the up hill.

DSCN0701 (2).JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
To those who never made it back and also to those who were wounded in service to our nation.

THANK YOU!

A massive THANK YOU to all of you who have served!!!

30 years, 6 months, 8 days. Seabees, Coast Guard, Army. Heartfelt thanks to all I served with and all who wore and wear the uniform. Greatest bunch of guys and gals you could ever hope to meet.

Well said, Phil
I too salute all veterans.....USA, UK and Canada.
An anecdote: a few years ago I was at an event where Robert O'Neill was the guest speaker. In the evening, he came into the VIP lounge and shook a few hands then sat down and talked with an old man wearing a Viet Nam Veteran jacket. After 15 minutes of pleasantries he said, "I'm going to go to the refreshment table and get something...can I bring you something?" Brought a tear to my eye to see this young hero, the center of attention, stop and mix a drink for an old vet"......when he returned he thanked the old man for his service.............wow....humbling to see this caliber of vet thank another.............veterans are a special group........and I salute you all....FWB

We call ourselves The Brotherhood of Arms. There is a bond among those of us who have worn or wear the uniform that can never be broken regardless of branch, rank, country or time served. It knows no color, race, religion or politics.

Salute to those who served on both sides of the Atlantic.
The date 31 May also has special significance for South Africans.
31 May 1902 The peace of Vereeniging is signed between Boer and Briton, ending 3 years of brutal war, but also the end of the two Boer republics.
31 May 1910: The Union of South Africa is born, uniting the 4 British colonies, and restoring a little bit of the identity and self determination of the Boers.
31 May 1961: Republic day. The Union, becomes the Republic of South Africa, independent of the British Empire. At last we got our country back!
Alas, the date ceased to be celebrated when the communist government took over in 1994.

I also served my country, fighting the communists in 1987 and 1988.

Welcome to the Brotherhood of Arms, Willie. Glad to have you here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ekaterina Lobach North Fork Bullets

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!