"Sako's Brown Bear 500 Jeffrey Recoil?"

Daniel Cary

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
I've been anxiously awaiting the arrival of this purchase as it's still on backorder, however, I have a question if anyone can help! I shoot Ruger's M77 in 458 lott, the weight idk? … I embrace the recoil and sound at times as an enthusiast. At 9 lbs in its stock form, can anyone compare this Sako's recoil shooting 570 or Full House loads opposed to a traditional bolt 458Lott? … just curious

Thank You, Dan

I’ve shot a friend’s Sako Safari .500 Jeffery with Federal factory ammo (570gr Woodleighs) and the recoil was quite manageable. Never shot a M77 .458 Lott, but I used to own a ZKK602 .458 Lott, which had quite a sharp kick to it with 500gr loads. The Sako was a better fit, and hence more pleasant to shoot

I have a great experience with big bore rifles and I would like to warn those who ask too many questions about recoil that they will have a problem with their rifle and better consider whether they would not choose something else.

A rifle caliber 500 jeffery has a very strong recoil and is only suitable for hunters who can easily deal with the recoil of all big bore rifles including Double Rifles caliber 577NE or 600NE. The others should choose smaller cartridges that are also suitable and thus avoid the follow up of wounded game in the bush.

When you get it, let us know how it feels. I've thought of buying one in 450 Rigby.

you sure got rid of your Ruger #1 458 Lott in a hurry! Did you ever shoot the thing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ga179sale

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you