Sako Classic Deluxe 375 H&H Premium Wood

matthew anderson

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
101st Airborne Division Association, 506th Airborne Infantry Regiment Association, HSC, GOA,NRA
I have a Sako Classic Deluxe 375 H&H. High gloss deep blue, select premium wood hand rubbed oil finish, not glossy. Great condition, never been in the bush. I'll keep the sling and swivels but it's just a galco sling from trader keith's. Ergos remind me of an R8 or S2, just feels really nice and comes up perfectly.
Contrary to popular belief these actions are CRF, just not the large claw mauser CRF that everyone is familiar with.
For serious inquiries, I have no problem face timing so folks can have a better look. I'm in the Houston Tx area, if anyone local wants to meet up and look at it, I'm ok with that as well. Pics don't do it justice; I apologize for the glairs. Wood has 3d flame in the figure.
Not many of these around, priced to move at $2500

IMG_6750.jpg

IMG_6751.jpg
IMG_6752.jpg
IMG_6753.jpg
IMG_6754.jpg
IMG_6755.jpg

Hi Matthew,
Beautiful rifle! Any idea when it was manufactured?
I'm not sure to be honest. I am the second owner, it originally came from a collection in Alaska. All the rifles were unused except an old beat up winchester in 458 win mag, push feed atcually. I guess the fella preferred that rifle.

Here's info on serial numbers and date ranges:

Info on Sako CRF from another website:
"It's essentaily a pushfeed with the bottom face of the bolt machined away to allow the casehead to slip up into the bolt face before chambering. It only grabs the case once it's half chambered which is as much CRF as the pre 64 M70 design. Neither is a true CRF like a Mauser. Sako used to have pictures on their site that showed the bolt face."

I have a 375 HH Sako Safari model from the 80's and have never had a feed problem.

bolt-head.jpg

Attachments

• SakoOldmodelsNumbering.pdf
    105.5 KB · Views: 29
Last edited by a moderator:
Love the dark wood. Do you know the weight?
It's got some great, really dark, marble like figure towards the buttstock. I'm not sure of weight, it's definitely not a 10lb rifle though, it's on the lighter side. If I had to guess, I'd say about 8.5lbs, but again, that's a guess. I'm a bigger guy and not a very good judge of recoil, to me, it feels the same as my other 375's.
I'd love to keep it but it's going towards my 9.3 project.

Here's info on serial numbers and date ranges:

Info on Sako CRF from another website:
"It's essentaily a pushfeed with the bottom face of the bolt machined away to allow the casehead to slip up into the bolt face before chambering. It only grabs the case once it's half chambered which is as much CRF as the pre 64 M70 design. Neither is a true CRF like a Mauser. Sako used to have pictures on their site that showed the bolt face."

I have a 375 HH Sako Safari model from the 80's and have never had a feed problem.
Thanks. That link is for older sako's

possibly interested in trades as well

Trades: probably something smaller like 7x57, 9.3x62 etc., safari configuration i.e express sights, barrel band sling swivel. Lee speed or similar would be cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HongPilgri

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg