Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
NRA (Life), True Green Alliance
Hunted
USA, Africa, Canada, Europe
I used to manage the SAKO brand years ago, before the 85 was introduced. I hear that there are some questions about the ejection of the cases, which sometimes hit the scope knobs and fall back into the action. Upon speaking with Beretta gunsmiths and customer service, I gleaned that there are two things that can absolutely prevent this from happening: 1) operating the bolt without jerky motions and 2) using the recommended ring height vis à vis the max scope diameter. The table below is the official one that SAKO uses, and I thought it may be useful for current or potential SAKO shooters here on AH.

Sako Rings.jpg

Operating the bolt without jerky motions....realy? You gotto be kidding me.....I can operate any of my Brno ZKK602 rifles slow fast jerky whichever way you want pull all the way and it ejects everytime, empty case unfired cartridge makes no difference the faster and harder you do it the more aggresive it does this.....reliable everytime....try and tell a first time hunter of DG game at close range to only operate the bolt slowly without any jerky motion....what a bullsh..t idea to a mechanical problem that is present on a design flaw on the rifle...

Recommended ring height should be the lowest that can accommodate the scope especially on a DG rifles the ones that Sako have an issue with.....

I think Sako has to wake up and fix the actual problem instead of trying this idea.....

This issue will get people killed on dg...

Operate your bolt “smoothly” or keep putting higher rings on. Got it. Let’s see how smooth that bullshitter from Sako who wrote those two paragraphs on that scope ring chart is with a 1000lb brown bear breathing in his face.

GB Flyer--I hear you, brother--just the messenger here. I don't own or plan on owning a SAKO 85 rifle, so I'm just reporting the info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MorrisFloc

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg