Sako 85 Brown Bear 416 Rigby

Well....yes.....But with the Sako, I don't find myself babying it, and I know I would gladly hunt with it in any conditions. The Heym would've probably ended being a safe queen.
I have a delightful A Francotte 375 H&H. Many folks that see me use it say it should only come out at the range. Even then in nice weather. The way I look at it is a rifle is a tool. If it look nice it just means you get the job done with a little more old world charm and style.
But I see your point about babying it

Here's a nice review of my rifle.
Very nice review and video. It seems Sako has figured everything out with chambering of these longer large bore cartridges?

Very nice review and video. It seems Sako has figured everything out with chambering of these longer large bore cartridges?
Yes. Actually, the action length of my 416 XL action and my 375 L action are the same. The XL action just appears to have the loading port opened up for the larger cartridges, and it uses a floor plate, instead of a detachable magazine. Both rifles feed like butter, so they have that part down pat for sure.

Hi

Hi Todby,

I will not say anything about you selling the .404J, but now that have the .416 Rigby 85 Brown Bear i would like to make the following comments.

I just finsished doing quite a bit of work non the exact model for the Chief License Examiner for Zimbabwe.
Here is my impression. Great trigger. The rifle is well made, but a bit on the light side, I never weighed the rifle, but shot it enough to know it was a bit on the light side and I still need to add a better (kick eez or limbsaver) recoil pad, which will also add 1/4" to LOP. When the rifle was brought to me most of the front sight parts were missing. The front sight was adjustable to height and replacement blades. The cross pin had came out and then the rest of the parts were history. It took me the best part of a year to aquire secure parts. In the meantime I build what i believe is a better front sight.

After all of the front sight hastle he decided he liked the Aimpoint mini H-2/ The rifle holds 1" groups at 75 meters.

On the down side it is not controlled feed LIKE YOUR X.404J HEYM!

Cheers, Lon
Lon.
How do you like the Aimpoint Mini H-2?

500J not bad really I had to change recoil pad to get proper lop (14.5) and added a mercury tube to balance it and it fits like a glove now just wish my eyesight was a little younger than I am lol. (Have to take glasses off when using irons) It is spot on at so no sight change needed out to 100 yds. Off shooting sticks.
I find recoil very much like my 470NE double

500J not bad really I had to change recoil pad to get proper lop (14.5) and added a mercury tube to balance it and it fits like a glove now just wish my eyesight was a little younger than I am lol. (Have to take glasses off when using irons) It is spot on at so no sight change needed out to 100 yds. Off shooting sticks.
I find recoil very much like my 470NE double
Is your 500 a Sako?

P
0D3E29F5-0953-4A18-A38D-FF2C1CCBC8F5.jpeg
F5DA6C20-3DA3-45FF-8A0A-7AC21E2FF7BF.jpeg
7035D5EB-AE94-4626-BD4F-1B119AF0453B.jpeg
Pachmyer 1"

Not sure about a scope yet. Due to the long receiver, I'm not sure my usual Leupold VX3 1.5-5×20 will work. They are relatively short scopes. I definitely want to try and stay with something as lightweight as possible. Any suggestions?
I have a a Luepold VX3 1.5-5 x 20 on my Sako Brown Bear in .450 Rigby - great scope - great rifle - congrats you'll never regret buying that gun

Very nice! I love mine in 500 Jeffrey, it’s definitely one I’ll never part with!

Greetings, .. did you happen to order yours, or did you find the 500 right away? I ordered this back in April & still haven't heard a word yet?!?

Found it in store two were brought in and sold in one day also 2 416Rigbys last one just sold last week I was lucky I work there.
If importer doesn’t have in stock it can take a year not what you wanted to hear I’m sure..

Found it in store two were brought in and sold in one day also 2 416Rigbys last one just sold last week I was lucky I work there.
If importer doesn’t have in stock it can take a year not what you wanted to hear I’m sure..

Thank You .. I know it was an apx. 8 Month backorder, as I checked with Euro optics, etc, and the verdicts were all in the same time frame, so We'll see ... Nice to see pics, however. Beautiful machine!

It surfaced on Youtube, as the "Grizzly"?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg