Sako 85 Brown Bear 416 Rigby

TOBY458

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Well, after fondling this rifle for a couple of years at my local gun store, and finally talking them down to a decent price, I brought this one home today. I just hope it shoots, and functions as well as it feels! This is my first 416 Rigby, so I don't have any ammo for testing as of yet. I should have some next week, so I'll give a full rundown at that time. The details are as follows.
Weight 9lbs 5oz.
Barrel length 22"
Holds 4 rounds in the magazine.
Glass bedded stock.
Fully adjustable iron sights.
13 3/4" LOP.
Laminated stock.
If all goes well, you may just see this one propped up beside an Elephant some day.
TBC.....

20200718_221302.jpg
20200718_221333.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice looking rifle
I think it would look great propped up on a elephant
I have a couple rifles with laminated stocks. Like them and think it's a good way to go
Ideas on a scope yet?

Well, after fondling this rifle for a couple of years at my local gun store, and finally talking them down to a decent price, I brought this one home today. I just hope it shoots, and functions as well as it feels! This is my first 416 Rigby, so I don't have any ammo for testing as of yet. I should have some next week, so I'll give a full rundown at that time. The details are as follows.
Weight 9lbs 5oz.
Barrel length 22"
Holds 4 rounds in the magazine.
Glass bedded stock.
Fully adjustable iron sights.
13 3/4" LOP. View attachment 358309 View attachment 358310 Laminated stock.
If all goes well, you may just see this one propped up beside an Elephant some day.
TBC.....

Now wait a minute.....I thought you were looking at another double for elephant?

Excellent rifle ... a work of art.
My congratulations

Who sells a .404 and then buys a .416? You have violated so much that is held sacred.
As a fellow .416 Rigby owner, I share your dream and salute you!
I hope to someday take an elephant with mine!
Hop you keep it long enough to do so!

Now wait a minute.....I thought you were looking at another double for elephant?
Well....there's a long time until the Elephant will be in my sights. You never know what could happen....
I've had my eye on this rifle for quite some time, so if all works well, it may be a keeper.

Who sells a .404 and then buys a .416? You have violated so much that is held sacred.
As a fellow .416 Rigby owner, I share your dream and salute you!
I hope to someday take an elephant with mine!
Hop you keep it long enough to do so!
A 416 that costs a fifth of what the Heym 404 costs! Lol! If everything works as it should, and the accuracy is up to par, I think this could be a keeper.

Very nice! I love mine in 500 Jeffrey, it’s definitely one I’ll never part with!

Nice!

The symmetry of the laminate stock is amazing.
The cross bolts on both sides line up with one oval shaped piece, pretty neat.

Hope it works out for you.

Nice looking rifle
I think it would look great propped up on a elephant
I have a couple rifles with laminated stocks. Like them and think it's a good way to go
Ideas on a scope yet?
Not sure about a scope yet. Due to the long receiver, I'm not sure my usual Leupold VX3 1.5-5×20 will work. They are relatively short scopes. I definitely want to try and stay with something as lightweight as possible. Any suggestions?

I went from the Vx 3 you mention to an old model Vx 6 1x6, and was actually surprised at the weight difference. I didn’t think it would that much heavier. That said it’s longer and still a good choice.

"My name is TOBY458, and I have a gun problem ........................ " :whistle:

Very nice Toby458! I think the laminated stock is perfect for a DG rifle. I hope to see you and that rifle next to a big tusker someday.

Congrats on the new addition! I was looking for a price in the original post before I read all the way down!!

Last edited:
I hope it works for you Toby, if not I am sure we will see it in the classifieds in a couple months.

"My name is TOBY458, and I have a gun problem ........................ " :whistle:
Says the man with how many guns???....o_O
Takes one to know one.

You just keep buying guns Toby.
I'll keep looking at your latest conquest and take Vegas odds for when it hits the classifieds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShellieWei

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!