Safari starts today

We have just gone over to level 4 lock down restrictions and International Travel is only an option on Level 1. This will also be with serious conditions still to be determined.
I dont see this happening anytime soon, international travel is the bogey man now.

I feel your pain sir.... I have never been at home this time of the year and was it not for this whole virus deal I would have been hunting right now.... It is really hard on us and the uncertainty is killing me! With our government and also not knowing when international travel will open up nobody is certain what will happen at this stage.....

Strangely enough I have a lot of facebook friends and I have yet to see any of them that was directly affected by death in the family due to the virus etc....

We are all hoping to be back in the bush as soon as possible as it is hurting our industry and people tremendously!

I fear its going to be a while, like months.

It just dawned on me...no trophies this year means better trophies next year, right? :)

Without vaccination (similar to yellow fever) the African countries will not be able to travel.
And who wants to try the first batch of a hastily developed vaccine ?
These are my fears.

I feel your pain Dale, I would have gotten home last weekend from my safari with KMG. I got my money back from Delta last week for my flight from Atlanta to Joberg. Not really expecting to get anything back from SAA for the rest of the trip but if I would it will be a pleasant surprise. I'm just going to hang out and see how things go for the rest of this year and hopefully rebook for next year.
JDuckHunter,
My early June hunt with KMG won’t be happening either.

I’ve read that my Delta flight must be cancelled for me to get a refund. Otherwise the carrier will only offer to reschedule the flight. So I am wondering if this matches your experience and if so, when were you notified of the cancellation of your trans Atlantic flight?

@jduckhunter
I'm a little surprised - I thought they normally just issued a credit. My flights (July) are still showing as open, but I expect that to change unless I really get lucky.

Any specifics on what to do or why you decided to go with a refund instead of rolling everything into next year?

If the airline cancels a flight that was marketed/sold in the US, the customer is entitled to a refund by DOT rule. Our tickets for June were just refunded by KMG. Personally, I'd take my cash back than any airline credit these days. It's not clear who will still be in business a year from now.

If the airline cancels a flight that was marketed/sold in the US, the customer is entitled to a refund by DOT rule. Our tickets for June were just refunded by KMG. Personally, I'd take my cash back than any airline credit these days. It's not clear who will still be in business a year from now.

Whoops, the flights were refunded by KML. The postponed safari was with KMG> :)

JDuckHunter,
My early June hunt with KMG won’t be happening either.

I’ve read that my Delta flight must be cancelled for me to get a refund. Otherwise the carrier will only offer to reschedule the flight. So I am wondering if this matches your experience and if so, when were you notified of the cancellation of your trans Atlantic flight?
I'll have to go back and check my email but I believe it was sometime in late March.

I should be sat at the airport now with my daughter waiting to fly to hunt with KMG but instead I am mowing the grass then I will walk the dogs and finish with a very large gin and tonic

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
majisman

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross