Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
England, USA: NY, PA, NC, SC, GA, AL, FL, TX, AZ, MT, WY, AK
My first safari was supposed to start today with Comre Safaris. Hearing mixed details of when SA will open back up.

Any one able to tell me for sure if they’re closed down till end of the year or are they just waiting for things to clear up? We talked about trying November but hate the uncertainty.

Thanks
Dale

As far as news goes lately, it is unlikely that trophy hunting will open this year... BUT govt confusion reigns and they change the rules every day....

Nobody knows for sure :(

I feel your pain Dale, I would have gotten home last weekend from my safari with KMG. I got my money back from Delta last week for my flight from Atlanta to Joberg. Not really expecting to get anything back from SAA for the rest of the trip but if I would it will be a pleasant surprise. I'm just going to hang out and see how things go for the rest of this year and hopefully rebook for next year.

End of year is a maybe. Next year is relatively safe..... About all that can be said at this time.
Bruce

I love idea of hunting thanksgiving time but trying to plan my rest of year. Montana and Arizona elk hunts may be all I fit in this year. Could be much worst I guess

We are booked to Namibia in July but guess that will be canceled?:unsure:

I feel your pain Dale, I would have gotten home last weekend from my safari with KMG. I got my money back from Delta last week for my flight from Atlanta to Joberg. Not really expecting to get anything back from SAA for the rest of the trip but if I would it will be a pleasant surprise. I'm just going to hang out and see how things go for the rest of this year and hopefully rebook for next year.

@jduckhunter
I'm a little surprised - I thought they normally just issued a credit. My flights (July) are still showing as open, but I expect that to change unless I really get lucky.

Any specifics on what to do or why you decided to go with a refund instead of rolling everything into next year?

Call your credit card company. I got a credit for my May SAA Express flights that aren't going to happen.

@jduckhunter
I'm a little surprised - I thought they normally just issued a credit. My flights (July) are still showing as open, but I expect that to change unless I really get lucky.

Any specifics on what to do or why you decided to go with a refund instead of rolling everything into next year?
We booked our flights pretty early and you only have 12 months to rebook so decided to play it safe and go with a refund.

I booked mine early too but only got credit. Guess I should call American and see about refund

Well that sucks. I almost booked a hunt for this year but didnt. Lucky I guess. Hope it comes together for you at some point in short time. Would have liked to hear how the hunt with Comre worked out.

PHASA president doesn't expect any hunting for the rest of this year. But as everything else about this virus, that is not written in stone. I am scheduled for a September hunt, but will wait for a much closer time before I will cancel.

PHASA president doesn't expect any hunting for the rest of this year. But as everything else about this virus, that is not written in stone. I am scheduled for a September hunt, but will wait for a much closer time before I will cancel.
I hate uncertainty and have already canceled my Sept hunt.
You might read the story I just posted about international travel for this year. Doesn't sound too promising.

I hate uncertainty and have already canceled my Sept hunt.
You might read the story I just posted about international travel for this year. Doesn't sound too promising.
Already read it and agree with you although I will probably wait until mid August or so since I already have $4000 invested.

Already read it and agree with you although I will probably wait until mid August or so since I already have $4000 invested.
I was lucky in that I had not as yet put any money down on the hunt, was getting close when this crap hit the fan and decided to wait. At worst I will get most of my money back on my flights if not all.
Do you not have any cancellation insurance for your trip?

I was lucky in that I had not as yet put any money down on the hunt, was getting close when this crap hit the fan and decided to wait. At worst I will get most of my money back on my flights if not all.
Do you not have any cancellation insurance for your trip?
I bought my ticket and paid for the hunt in November. At this time I will receive my airfare back, the hunt days, I just hope to get some of it back. I don't have any specific trip insurance, only medical and return insurance for illness or injury.

It really sucks...:(

can anyone in any country tell you for sure when things will be sorted and open for int travel etc

regards

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlfonzoPal

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!