Great video Phil lots of good info, I especially liked the merino wool hoodie.

The airport lounge app was something I learned from this . Thanks!

Some great tips. Especially for those who are going for the 1st or 2nd time. They are looong flights. Thanks
Bruce

The airport lounge app was something I learned from this . Thanks!
Thanks Jeff! Sometimes we get stuck with long layovers and need to find somewhere to hide out. The pay lounges are not quite as nice as the first class lounges but I enjoy them. The app shows you where and if there are pay lounges in each airport.
Philip

Great info Phil. One thing I might add on the airport lounges, Amex Platinum cards are pretty helpful for getting into many lounges around the world. I know for me, that alone justifies the annual fee for the card. Well, back when we actually could travel.

Going for the first time next June!! Thanks so much for sharing, got a lot of info from the video.

I've really enjoyed your videos Phil, keep it up!

Great info Phil. One thing I might add on the airport lounges, Amex Platinum cards are pretty helpful for getting into many lounges around the world. I know for me, that alone justifies the annual fee for the card. Well, back when we actually could travel.
Yancey
That is a very good point. I carry the American Airlines black card that’s allows lounge access but costs something like $450 per year. I am usually on American domestically as that is my only local choice at SJT.
Philip

Great tips! Thank you for doing all of the videos you have done.
You are welcome Mark. I hope to get feedback from newbies as well as veteran hunters on what they would like to see in the way of Safari prep videos.

A few points that have come up as it relates to air travel:
1. As @YancyW mentioned there are credit cards that allow lounge access. They are quite expensive so you must weigh that cost. I have Citi AAdvantage Executive card which is $450 per year and allows Admirals club access. If you travel enough this might be something to look into.
2. Global Entry/TSA Precheck- yes you have to go through a background check and pay a fee but as busy as airports are these days it can we worth it. The Global Entry part can speed up the re-entry process but has lost value in my mind as everyone has quick entry with the new kiosks instead of paper forms. The AA credit card I mentioned will pay you back for the Global Entry fee.

Philip

Great information, thank you.
Thanks. Looks like you are a trapper. I am too and have found it a challenge since I was very young.
Philip

Awesome video, Phil. Thank you for putting it together. The neck pillow comments are spot on. I brought a cheapie with me last time and will not make that mistake on this next trip!

Awesome video, Phil. Thank you for putting it together. The neck pillow comments are spot on. I brought a cheapie with me last time and will not make that mistake on this next trip!
Thanks Brandon!
Happy travels,
Philip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NinaStilwe

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross