Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, SCI, HFMA, and a Certified KCBS BBQ Judge
Hunted
South Africa, Texas, Alaska - hey, they count. Trust me!
Hey All,

I drew the wildcard and as life would have it, it looks like I'm getting laid off early March. Actually, knowing what I know about the company that bought us, I think I'm the lucky one. I have a few dollars saved and, well, I'll have the time to do something with it.

I'm thinking Cape Buff and maybe a few Tiny Ten...would love more of a free-range experience of course and not afraid to work for it.

So, is there hunting in mid-March in Africa?

Yes there is. Still warm as it's their summer. There is a offer right now for a hunt that was only good for March/April I believe. I'd say go for it.
Bruce

I like your optimism but how is the outlook for a job in your field of work?

If it is good then I'd be making reservations and sending a deposit.

I like your optimism but how is the outlook for a job in your field of work?

If it is good then I'd be making reservations and sending a deposit.
Well, I'm in Healthcare, Software and Sales/Strategic Client Management.

it's not a bad place to be.

Caprivi Strip with Ndumo Safaris.
That was going to be my suggestion as well. They are one of the few I see advertise for very early season in a wild area.

Hey All,

I drew the wildcard and as life would have it, it looks like I'm getting laid off early March. Actually, knowing what I know about the company that bought us, I think I'm the lucky one. I have a few dollars saved and, well, I'll have the time to do something with it.

I'm thinking Cape Buff and maybe a few Tiny Ten...would love more of a free-range experience of course and not afraid to work for it.

So, is there hunting in mid-March in Africa?
Zambia opens up in June. At the end of the rainy season.
That doesn’t help you much for mid March though.

Last edited:
Here you go... (You will have a great hunt in March)

March is the perfect time for a big bull elephant in Zimbabwe! ;)

In addition to Zambia, Tanzania should be way too wet. Not sure about Maasai Land but it would normally be near impossible to get into a lot of the hunting areas. Hunting typically did open there until July but after the Covid debacle, they had opened year round officially, but just not practical. Not sure if the official season is still open year round.

South Africa of course is year round and doable.

No matter where you go in Southern Africa, it will be hot. Of course the farther South you get, the less hot it will be. I've been in the East Cape then moved on to Limpopo in late February and early March. Limpopo was hotter but I did a lot of night hunting so the bigger issue was the tall grass and foliage. A buff hunt should be doable. Protect yourself from bugs and especially the pepper ticks.

I took this bull with @ndumo HUNTING SAFARIS in their Sobbe Conservancy on 6 April 2022. I would not hesitate to do this hunt two or three weeks earlier. The place was incredibly green and lush and although spotting game was difficult we saw Champan’s zebra, kudu, steenbok, duiker, roan and elephant while hunting for buffalo and kudu.

IMG_0433.jpg
IMG_0488.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdrieneRun

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois