Safari Hunter's Yard Sale - Act II

rookhawk

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
They have a saying that you do two cleanups, Act I is the purge right before you sell your house, Act II is the purge after you move into a new home and realize just how much stuff you have. This is Act II, scene 1.

1.) Giraffe hide scoped rifle soft case - $500
2.) Blue Wildebeest scoped rifle soft case - $375
3.) Elephant Leather scoped magazine rifle soft case - $600
4.) Elephant Leather scoped/unscoped double rifle soft case - $600

5.) Pair of gameskin and zebra pillows - $275
6.) Leather Ammo Cases for medium and large bore cartridges, they hold 20, made of gameskins, five available - $70 each
7.) Small leather small parts pouch for vintage gun/rifle cases - $15
8.) Early 20th century snap on muzzle/sight protector, originally from a H&H single shot rifle - $100
9.) Elephant leather ammo belt pouch, holds five small bore cartridges such as 275 Rigby - $125
10.) Leather elephant knife sheath - fits Von Gruff knives - $125
11.) Rifle/Shotgun ammo leather belt pouch, for 20 rounds of rifle and six 16/20 bore shells - $40
12.) Deerhide pillow with hand painted raptor feathers: Red Tail, Golden Eagle, Gyr, Merlin, Snowy Owl - $100
13.) Authentic African Game Hide Gaiters (buffalo?), new, with SNAPS, one pair gray, the other brown - $75 pair

14.) Vintage leather slip-on recoil pad, adds 3/4" to LOP - $35
15.) 16 bore nickel plated snap caps - $35
16.) 20 bore snap caps, marked LL Bean - $35
17.) 30 Luger snap caps, three in pack - $12
18.) Ohaus trigger pull gauge - $15
19.) Leupold Gunsmithing Tool made by Leatherman - $50
20.) African Medium Game Cartridges by Pierre Van Der Walt, new - $65
21.) Vintage Fly Fishing creel for decor - $75
22.) Blood Knot by Pete Fromm, deluxe edition in slip case, last retail was $500-$700, two available - $125

Will ship to the lower-48 states. Electronic payment always preferred, Zelle, Venmo, Paypal F&F, but for a larger transaction I'll tolerate a check. (but NOT a cashiers check or money order that forces me into a bank or post office)

All items ship Fedex and I use my company's discount rate.

IMG_7214.JPG

IMG_7215.jpg

IMG_7216.jpg

They have a saying that you do two cleanups, Act I is the purge right before you sell your house, Act II is the purge after you move into a new home and realize just how much stuff you have. This is Act II, scene 1.

6.) Leather Ammo Cases for medium and large bore cartridges, they hold 20, made of gameskins, five available - $70 each
8.) Early 20th century snap on muzzle/sight protector, originally from a H&H single shot rifle - $100
9.) Elephant leather ammo belt pouch, holds five small bore cartridges such as 275 Rigby - $125
11.) Rifle/Shotgun ammo leather belt pouch, for 20 rounds of rifle and six 16/20 bore shells - $40
12.) Deerhide pillow with hand painted raptor feathers: Red Tail, Golden Eagle, Gyr, Merlin, Snowy Owl - $100
13.) Authentic African Game Hide Gaiters (buffalo?), new, with SNAPS, one pair gray, the other brown - $75 pair

22.) Blood Knot by Pete Fromm, deluxe edition in slip case, last retail was $500-$700, two available - $125

Will ship to the lower-48 states. Electronic payment always preferred, Zelle, Venmo, Paypal F&F, but for a larger transaction I'll tolerate a check. (but NOT a cashiers check or money order that forces me into a bank or post office)

All items ship Fedex and I use my company's discount rate.

View attachment 535873

View attachment 535874

View attachment 535875
I’ll take the brown gaiters. PM to follow

I'll take the gray gaiters. I'll take the trigger pull gauge too. Thanks.

Last edited:
I’ll take the 16 gauge snap caps.

Thanks
Ken

@Wishfulthinker580
@Bonk
@Kdgj

Your orders are awaiting FedEx pickup this morning. Anyone else that jumps on in the next 30-45 mins, your orders will go out today. (and you don't pay the pickup fee from Fedex since they are already coming)

Morning Rookhawk,
What's the length of the number 3 elephant rifle case?

HH

I will take the #3 Elephant hide rifle case from the bargin bin yard sale! PM incoming.

HH

Remaining items. If you purchased an item below today, check your PM for Fedex tracking:

Does that price on the 20g snap caps include shipping? If so, I will take them. PM me your info for Zelle.

@
Does that price on the 20g snap caps include shipping? If so, I will take them. PM me your info for Zelle.
@wesheltonj Unfortunately it does not. I don’t mean to whine and whinge, but every sale thus far I’ve estimated FedEx ground shipping and been wrong by $3-$10 per shipment, even with a 15% company discount. I shipped everybody’s stuff on the same day so the pickup charge of $5 I absorbed too.

Bottom line, post-covid, shipping got very expensive. I’d charge you $12 to ship those snap caps and could potentially be off by as much as $8 in your favor. If you wanted multiple items, I’m sure we can combine shipping and work it out.

Best way to get a deal is to buy them and pick up in person, that includes bourbon and a free steak dinner. :)

@

@wesheltonj Unfortunately it does not. I don’t mean to whine and whinge, but every sale thus far I’ve estimated FedEx ground shipping and been wrong by $3-$10 per shipment, even with a 15% company discount. I shipped everybody’s stuff on the same day so the pickup charge of $5 I absorbed too.

Bottom line, post-covid, shipping got very expensive. I’d charge you $12 to ship those snap caps and could potentially be off by as much as $8 in your favor. If you wanted multiple items, I’m sure we can combine shipping and work it out.

Best way to get a deal is to buy them and pick up in person, that includes bourbon and a free steak dinner. :)
ROOKHAWK, FOR BOURBON AND STEAK, I HOPE YOU GOT SOMETHING LEFT WHEN WE TAKE OUR NEXT TRIP BACK TO THE STATES, I'LL BUY IT ALL!

ROOKHAWK, FOR BOURBON AND STEAK, I HOPE YOU GOT SOMETHING LEFT WHEN WE TAKE OUR NEXT TRIP BACK TO THE STATES, I'LL BUY IT ALL!

We’re in Western WI, 50 mins from Minneapolis. If you or any member of the forum passes through, you‘ll have a full copy and a bloated stomach if you stop by.

Bring a fly rod, the Brown trout are big and we see them in the river right from the deck!

Fedex scheduled pickup for Tuesday. If anyone wants anything today, the shipping costs are ~$6 less to leverage the existing pickup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross