Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA Life Member, SCI, QDMA
Hunted
MI, TX, MO, South Africa Limpopo & Northwest Provinces
Fire Hose work pants from Duluth Trading Co. are the best pants on earth for the outdoors man. Mine have been on safari twice, logged over 200K in the bushveld and sustained no damage. I can confidently say fire hose pants are tougher than the bushveld and if somehow you do damage them Duluth Trading will replace them for free.

Ryan

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Fire Hose work pants from Duluth Trading Co. are the best pants on earth for the outdoors man. Mine have been on safari twice, logged over 200K in the bushveld and sustained no damage. I can confidently say fire hose pants are tougher than the bushveld and if somehow you do damage them Duluth Trading will replace them for free.
Fire hose shorts too. They also have great t-shirts and button down work shirts in drab colors to take care of you there too.

BeeMaa

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life Member, SCI
Hunted
Eastern US & RSA
Or their logo ball cap,which I don't do because I don't wear ball caps.

I'd do the shirt, but I've yet to be offered one.
Our outfitter gave us one Jonsson short sleeve shirt with the logo.
Nice shirt, except it's short sleeved and I'm not much for short sleeve collared shirts.
My wife wears it, just not on safari.

Hogpatrol

Silver supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
Atglen Sportsmen's Club, NRA ,SCCFSA, Bridgeville Rifle & Pistol Club
Hunted
RSA, DE, NJ, PA, KS, TX, ME
Outfitters give out a lot of cotton clothing. Don't forget to wash it in cold water. I got a boonie hat and washed it in warm water. It my have shrunk or my head got a lot bigger after the first safari and I became an "expert":rolleyes: on African hunting. :D

Chago

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
I wasn't going to run out and buy clothes for a hunt I realistically will only do every so many years. I used my existing gear. I have 5.11 tactical pants which are quite, super durable and very comfortable/flexible. Either a green or camo t shirt. Then for the colder days I had my kuiu gear with me. Again the same stuff I use when hunting at home. I wasn't too concerned about winning any hunter modeling prizes.

Mark Biggerstaff

Silver supporter
Bronze supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
My first trip I took what I had and normally wore here hunting. However some of the pants I took made noise going thru the brush. I went on ebay and started buying used Cabelas Trail Hiker cotton 7 pocket pants $10-15 a pair. Best pants I have found for me. I wear them daily now for work and around the house. Columbia Long sleeve shirts in green or brown for shirts.
Keep it simple and in drab colors.

CBH Australia

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Sporting Shooters Association Australia, Africa Hunting website!!!
Hunted
Australia and now South Africa
I’m going to wear lightweight green cargo pants courtesy of work.

I have some bone/tan half button work shirts that I buy for everyday use and retire them to bush wear yard work wear after.

I will wear a cheap hat on the plane and hope my PH gives me one with his cool logo on it.

I was told to travel light on my first adventure as they will wash daily. I can just fit the above clothes and underwear in my carry on . I know as I’m packed and waiting. A little excited

I will wear a light jacket or vest and casual clothes in transit.

But I did splurge on Courteney boots that I will wear on the plane. Aussie agent Malcolm Nott advised the Patrols are on their way. http://www.courteneyboot.com.au/

I might post a few small items ahead for convenience stuff of little value that I would leave like sandals, bathers or anything that won’t fit in carrying on.

CBH Australia

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Sporting Shooters Association Australia, Africa Hunting website!!!
Hunted
Australia and now South Africa
@blacks i like your style. I’m hoping to take some of the great Aussie across to share in camp. After I have beers and Biltong with my PH

blacks

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Member of
Australian Deer Association, Australian Association of Wildlife Artists
Hunted
Australia, New Zealand, Namibia, South Africa
I’m going to wear lightweight green cargo pants courtesy of work.

I have some bone/tan half button work shirts that I buy for everyday use and retire them to bush wear yard work wear after.

I will wear a cheap hat on the plane and hope my PH gives me one with his cool logo on it.

I was told to travel light on my first adventure as they will wash daily. I can just fit the above clothes and underwear in my carry on . I know as I’m packed and waiting. A little excited

I will wear a light jacket or vest and casual clothes in transit.

But I did splurge on Courteney boots that I will wear on the plane. Aussie agent Malcolm Nott advised the Patrols are on their way. http://www.courteneyboot.com.au/

I might post a few small items ahead for convenience stuff of little value that I would leave like sandals, bathers or anything that won’t fit in carrying on.

I got back from this year's trip yesterday morning mate. Rest assured we got through plenty of the Queensland Diesel ;)

You're on the right track with the Khaki workshirts. I live in the half-button front workshirts and they go fine in Africa.

Cheers
Tim

Ryan

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
(I can't resist...)

Aside from maybe some gaiters this gent has it down. Dark hat, perfect shirt to blend into any airport bar or the bush, tough as nails overalls properly cut for ventilation, and quiet comfortable shoes.
20190810_130624.jpeg

Ernie Shipman

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
The Church Universal & The Kingdom of Heaven
Hunted
South Africa
I’m primarily in the states an upland bird hunter. I have been to Africa 2 times and brought khaki colored shirts and pants, similar to what I use in the states in mid fall. Be prepared to shed layers and it can be cool in the early morning. The lodges I stayed in didn’t have heat, but they did have hot showers. Last time we night hunted 2 times; I got very cold riding in an open vehicle. My PH was wearing shorts so I tried to act like a man... defiantly had a hot shower back at the lodge and wore lots of clothes to bed!!! My Beretta waxed Cotten jacket was a lifesaver. Also, I brought leather shooting gloves and a skull cap, small to pack, but worth every once. Enjoy your trip!!!

Shootist43

Gold supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA
Hunted
Michigan, Texas, Missouri, Limpopo Province South Africa
Dittos on the Duluth Firehose pants, they also make excellent shirts. Even the firehose flex are a good option. Off color greens are much better than the light colored tans. Wear layers for sure. Depending on where you are hunting the mornings can be high 30(s) or low 40(s). Very sturdy but comfortable boots are a must.

Jeff75

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA
I just used existing gear. Darn Tuff socks paired with 8 inch boots. Orvis briar pants in OG. Light weight, but long-sleeve, camo shirts with poly quick-dry undershirt. Mornings were chilly, so I did pick up a lightweight down jacket locally. This was for the Northern Cape, where the chance of rain in mid-June is nill. If I had been heading somewhere cool with a chance of rain, I would skip the cotton and go either either merino or synthetics.

JGRaider

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
B&C, DSC
Hunted
US, Mexico, S Africa, Namibia
Carhartt Tacoma rip stop pants are perfect, as are Cabelas Safari shirts, long sleeve. Dull greens and tans are perfect IMO. Kuhl Rydr pants are also work extremely well.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Just came from a hunt and already longing for the bush
JPmbogo wrote on yhc's profile.
I have factory loaded Hornady 450 NE 3 1/4 DGS that I am selling for not much more than the brass itself at $75/box - see my listing for same.
Justbryan wrote on Rafter JK's profile.
Get Crazy Larry yet? Wishing I had shot Alpine Ibex too!
laurence burkin wrote on UKHunter's profile.
Hi the dude in the picture. It would be cool to know the area (genetics) of the stag you have in your profile picture. I am from New Zealand and shot a stag here that is almost identical, especially the throw backs. I can send you a photo to prove I'm genuine with my enquiry.