Safari 366 days out! When to book flights?

desertloper

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, NRA
Hunted
RSA
I know flights can't be booked outside of 11 months out from time of trip or so...but what is the best belief in booking flights with an extended lead-time?

Immediately as they are opened up? (could be this summer, high fuel prices, higher ticket prices?

6 months out?

Or drive myself insane by checking daily?

i try to go with 6 months out...

Go until you can't take the pressure anymore!
Ask Lori she'll let you know.

Book as soon as you can afford it that way you get good seats. If you want to go 1st class you need to book as soon as you can.

talk to lori great to deal with , and trust me I bugged the hell out of her lol . spent a lot of time looking myself , she not only beat my best price , she cut my travel time down by 4 and a half hours each way .

Just ahead of the Dallas and SCI shows.

Hi desertloper ~ yes, space opens up 11 months in advance of your return date. Doesn't hurt to check it then to see how it's pricing. You could probably hold off until early fall to book and hopefully some sales will come along by that time. Let me know if I can help.

Haha I was about to say..who is Lori and what does she know? (email sent)

Thanks for the insight everyone..

I booked about 4-5 monthes prior to my safari's! I thought about sooner but was checking for better prices!

I always checked and booked on my own. I you want a deal, best to look every week or so. You'll probably find the better deal 4-5 months before your safari or early in the year. Keep on checking and I'd say book it if it gets below $1200. I don't think you'll get it any cheaper than $1000. Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KathrinMcG

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!