Sad news RIP

"Rumors" still may be the greatest album ever cut. She was as much a factor in their success as Stevie Nicks. Still angry with myself that we didn't see Fleetwood here in Austin when they came through on their last tour. Sad day indeed.

She had such a beautiful voice…sadly now silenced. I remember seeing a documentary (maybe the Ken Burns Rock & Roll documentary) where the producer said it was the only time he ever saw 3 writers bring their proposed songs to a single album project and every song was a #1 hit.

Damn, that is sad news. Like Red Leg, sorry I missed them in concert.

Part 1 : massively underrated. RIP

Many don't realize she was an incredible songwriter. My favorites written by Christine ....

And a tribute to her "Everywhere"

One of the great bands that I didn't get to see, thanks mostly to the Chinese Flu. There were many changes in the Fleetwood Mac lineup, and they were all very good musicians. But as a singer-songwriter, Christine was Perfect...................FWB

So sad to have seen this on the news tonight. Christine was such a fantastic song writer and musician and Fleetwood Mac was one of my favorites from the ‘70s. Have their albums and had their tapes for my car stereo back in the day. Never saw them in concert though, as there always seemed to be something more pressing at the time.

Those who weren’t of age when Rumors came out really missed an iconic moment in the history of Rock n Roll. I fortunate to have seen them shortly after the album came out. Fantastic performer and band. May she Rest In Peace.

Fleetwood Mac and Christine - So many great songs! Truly icons. Hard to believe she’s gone…

I have so many of their songs on cassette. Very tragic.

It is amazing how well their music has aged. It has become ubiquitous. It’s played everywhere, all the time. On SiriusXM you’ll hear their songs on Deep Tracks, Classic Vinyl, Yacht Rock, and several others. You’ll hear it in lobbies, airports, grocery stores, dentist offices. Yet, I never get tired of hearing it. Steely Dan is another band that made timeless music. Some of my favorite music was very much of a time. I really like Bob Segar, but I could happily live without ever hearing Like A Rock again! Overplayed I think.

I think I may have worn out my vinyl copy of Rumors, still have it though as a reminder of better times. Sad news indeed.

I was only 8 when Rumors came out but “discovered” it when I was 21. I’m a big heavy metal fan but also love rock and that album is incredible. As was Christine’s voice. Rest easy Songbird.

I was fortunate to get to see Fleetwood Mac in concert, in Lexington, Kentucky years ago at Rupp Arena. Great music! I always like her writing and singing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg