Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Zambia, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
"Rumors" still may be the greatest album ever cut. She was as much a factor in their success as Stevie Nicks. Still angry with myself that we didn't see Fleetwood here in Austin when they came through on their last tour. Sad day indeed.

Doug3006

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, NRA
Hunted
Namibia (X2), Zambia, Zimbabwe
She had such a beautiful voice…sadly now silenced. I remember seeing a documentary (maybe the Ken Burns Rock & Roll documentary) where the producer said it was the only time he ever saw 3 writers bring their proposed songs to a single album project and every song was a #1 hit.

Hogpatrol

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Atglen Sportsmen's Club, NRA
Hunted
RSA, DE, NJ, PA, KS, TX, ME
Damn, that is sad news. Like Red Leg, sorry I missed them in concert.

Pheroze

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
OFAH, DSC
Hunted
South Africa, Canada, USA
Part 1 : massively underrated. RIP

Red Leg

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Zambia, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
Many don't realize she was an incredible songwriter. My favorites written by Christine ....

And a tribute to her "Everywhere"

flatwater bill

AH legend
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA endowment member/Life member
Hunted
All 6 Continents
One of the great bands that I didn't get to see, thanks mostly to the Chinese Flu. There were many changes in the Fleetwood Mac lineup, and they were all very good musicians. But as a singer-songwriter, Christine was Perfect...................FWB

CoElkHunter

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA (Life), RMEF
Hunted
USA: Colorado, Wyoming, Arizona, Kansas, Nebraska, California. Ontario, Canada, RSA.
So sad to have seen this on the news tonight. Christine was such a fantastic song writer and musician and Fleetwood Mac was one of my favorites from the ‘70s. Have their albums and had their tapes for my car stereo back in the day. Never saw them in concert though, as there always seemed to be something more pressing at the time.

DLSJR

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Zimbabwe, Botswana, Zambia, South Africa
Those who weren’t of age when Rumors came out really missed an iconic moment in the history of Rock n Roll. I fortunate to have seen them shortly after the album came out. Fantastic performer and band. May she Rest In Peace.

Scott CWO

AH legend
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
SCI, WSF, RMEF, GSCO, and NRA
Hunted
Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Mozambique x3, Tanzania and CAR. Tajikistan, Canada, Mexico, AK, WY, NM, SD, CO, UT, AZ, NV
Fleetwood Mac and Christine - So many great songs! Truly icons. Hard to believe she’s gone…

Hunter-Habib

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Zambia , Namibia , Kenya , Mozambique , Zimbabwe
I have so many of their songs on cassette. Very tragic.

Doug3006

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, NRA
Hunted
Namibia (X2), Zambia, Zimbabwe
It is amazing how well their music has aged. It has become ubiquitous. It’s played everywhere, all the time. On SiriusXM you’ll hear their songs on Deep Tracks, Classic Vinyl, Yacht Rock, and several others. You’ll hear it in lobbies, airports, grocery stores, dentist offices. Yet, I never get tired of hearing it. Steely Dan is another band that made timeless music. Some of my favorite music was very much of a time. I really like Bob Segar, but I could happily live without ever hearing Like A Rock again! Overplayed I think.

flying sailor

AH senior member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA-CRSO, Pistol Inst., SCI,GOA
Hunted
USA: Florida, Ohio, Nebraska
I think I may have worn out my vinyl copy of Rumors, still have it though as a reminder of better times. Sad news indeed.

Ragman

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
Canada(Sask./B.C.), Namibia, RSA(Eastern Cape) USA(Texas)
I was only 8 when Rumors came out but “discovered” it when I was 21. I’m a big heavy metal fan but also love rock and that album is incredible. As was Christine’s voice. Rest easy Songbird.

shotgungibbs

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Member of
NRA Benefactor Member, Ohio Gun Collectors Life Member, Safari Club International
Hunted
South Africa, Ohio, Kentucky, Alabama, Colorado , Wyoming, South Dakota, Nebraska, Canada
I was fortunate to get to see Fleetwood Mac in concert, in Lexington, Kentucky years ago at Rupp Arena. Great music! I always like her writing and singing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gzr

Latest profile posts

Gerry Addison wrote on AfricaHunting.com's profile.
I would like to delete my last post on the the thread where to hunt big cape buffalo. I haven't been to that area for a few years and it may be very different now. Not fair of me to post this.
Montana hunter and avid sportsman.
Inline6 wrote on Chris Sells's profile.
PM me when you get a chance, have a few questions for you.
steve white wrote on Pheroze's profile.
Pheroze: I was intrigued by the blog on 400, 465 H&H in which you stated you were having a rifle reamed out to accomodate the larger bore. Who is doing the work for you, do they then provide cut rifling or buttoned. Will a 375 H&H rechamber to the 400 H&H. Is there much ballistic difference between it and the 404/375
My Most beautiful Trophy

IMG_20230125_071102_530.jpg