Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Hunted
South Africa (Limpopo, Eastern Cape & Kalahari), Nicaragua, FL, CA, SD, GA, SC, CO
Yesterday morning had to take my German Shepherd Lucky to the Vet. She has not been eating all her food and has been very lethargic. I knew going to the vet would result in bad news. Lucky had a mass in her abdomen, and from what the Vet could tell it's cancer. She was 12 years old, so surgery was out of the question. She has been a great loving dog, protector of her pack, and loyal.

Lucky's quality of life deteriorated over night, this morning she couldn't get up to go outside, and I could tell she was in a lot of pain. This morning my wife and I made the tough decision that it was time for her to go to Rainbow Bridge. For a rescue dog she was more than any one could expect out of a dog, she was mild temper and friendly and wonderful all the way around.

This is her in her younger days. Tough day, and it has hit hard and our hearts are broken and crying from our loss. It never gets any easier. We are going to miss her. We are blessed to have had the years and companionship and unconditional love from such a great friend. Thank you reading.

Lucky .jpg
Lucky II.jpg

So sad. I know that feeling. It's like losing a member of the family.

Para45 There is another rescue dog out ther waiting to share your love and to find its forever home,I share your hurt.

Para45, so sorry for your loss, but it sounds like your family had a fine companion for a while. May she Rest In Peace. Cancer is a brutal way to go whether man or beast. You did the right thing for her.

Sorry for your loss! They really are part of the family!!

So sorry to hear this.

Just sucks. Very sorry to hear this.

Yesterday morning had to take my German Shepherd Lucky to the Vet. She has not been eating all her food and has been very lethargic. I knew going to the vet would result in bad news. Lucky had a mass in her abdomen, and from what the Vet could tell it's cancer. She was 12 years old, so surgery was out of the question. She has been a great loving dog, protector of her pack, and loyal.

Lucky's quality of life deteriorated over night, this morning she couldn't get up to go outside, and I could tell she was in a lot of pain. This morning my wife and I made the tough decision that it was time for her to go to Rainbow Bridge. For a rescue dog she was more than any one could expect out of a dog, she was mild temper and friendly and wonderful all the way around.

This is her in her younger days. Tough day, and it has hit hard and our hearts are broken and crying from our loss. It never gets any easier. We are going to miss her. We are blessed to have had the years and companionship and unconditional love from such a great friend. Thank you reading.

View attachment 349545 View attachment 349546
Sorry for your lose.

Very sorry, it’s so hard to lose a good dog. You lost another two years ago didn’t you?

Poor Lucky. RIP

Very sorry, it’s so hard to lose a good dog. You lost another two years ago didn’t you?

yes sir, you are correct, we lost our Lab Savannah, Jul will be two years. It sucks and it doesn’t get any easier.

Thank you all for your kind words.

Sorry Brother

I'm so sorry to hear this. Losing a dog that is always hard.

Hard to loose a member of the family. Feel for you.

Sorry to hear that, Amigo. I grew up owning German Shepards. You won't find a more loyal, and protective Dog.

So sorry for your loss, it always sucks to loose a dog but take comfort in how much she enriched your family’s lives over the years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoelKalman

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg