Lifetime bronze benefactor
Platinum supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
First, the only reason I am selling this is I just bought the Westley Richards Army Navy 500 NE...I have always wanted a Westley Richards DR. This Sabatti rifle is an incredible value as follows:
1. Re-regulated by Ken Owen in Moscow TN using IMR3031 with 80 grains...see his notes in the PDF...I also called him to confirm...what a nice man!
2. With Swift A-Frames in 570 gr. I get 2 inch regulation at 50 yards...with Hornady bullets it was at a touch over 3 inches.
3. The gun was bought by me for $5,000 just two months ago with all the attached pictures.
4. I did the following since I bought the gun: Completely refinished the stock and fore-end from an ugly poly finish to a beautiful warm hand rubbed oil finish..see picture and compare it next to the others...in the process took out 3 dents in the stock for nice smooth finish.
5. Sent the gun to JJ Perodeau for him to look over and had him do the following: Put on a new front sight, make a custom red dot rail so the sight would sit low to the gun for a good cheek weld...the rail comes with the rifle but not my own red dot sight...the dies in the PDF do not come with the gun but everything else does except the few bullets that came with it.

IMG-0206.jpg

6. The gun originally weighted 9.5 pounds. The previous owner had a recoil reducer installed taking it to 10.3 pounds. I added 7 more ounces to get an even 11 pounds which is perfect for a 500 NE.
THE RECOIL WILL SHOCK YOU IN A VERY GOOD WAY...IT IS JUST A LITTLE MORE THAN MY CHAPUIS 450-400 DR I KID YOU NOT!

The $6,850 just covers my above cost from getting the gun for $5,000 and the additional work done such as stock refinish, JJ, etc. This will probably only last one day but as always with every thing I sell, I will leave it on AH for 2 weeks before going somewhere else. The $6,850 includes shipping within the US.

Attachments

• Sabatti 500 NE Pictures.pdf
    3.2 MB · Views: 282
Last edited by a moderator:
First, the only reason I am selling this is I just bought the Westley Richards Army Navy 500 NE...I have always wanted a Westley Richards DR. This Sabatti rifle is an incredible value as follows:
1. Re-regulated by Ken Owen in Moscow TN using IMR3031 with 80 grains...see his notes in the PDF...I also called him to confirm...what a nice man!
2. With Swift A-Frames in 570 gr. I get 2 inch regulation at 50 yards...with Hornady bullets it was at a touch over 3 inches.
3. The gun was bought by me for $5,000 just two months ago with all the attached pictures.
4. I did the following since I bought the gun: Completely refinished the stock and fore-end from an ugly poly finish to a beautiful warm hand rubbed oil finish..see picture and compare it next to the others...in the process took out 3 dents in the stock for nice smooth finish.
5. Sent the gun to JJ Perodeau for him to look over and had him do the following: Put on a new front sight, make a custom red dot rail so the sight would sit low to the gun for a good cheek weld...the rail comes with the rifle but not my own red dot sight...the dies in the PDF do not come with the gun but everything else does except the few bullets that came with it.View attachment 486036
6. The gun originally weighted 9.5 pounds. The previous owner had a recoil reducer installed taking it to 10.3 pounds. I added 7 more ounces to get an even 11 pounds which is perfect for a 500 NE.
THE RECOIL WILL SHOCK YOU IN A VERY GOOD WAY...IT IS JUST A LITTLE MORE THAN MY CHAPUIS 450-400 DR I KID YOU NOT!

The $6,850 just covers my above cost from getting the gun for $5,000 and the additional work done such as stock refinish, JJ, etc. This will probably only last one day but as always with every thing I sell, I will leave it on AH for 2 weeks before going somewhere else. The $6,850 includes shipping within the US.

When one is arriving at the house, one is seen leaving too :) beautiful rifle! You do not per chance want to save yourself the hassle of importing from Europe, keep the Sabatti and I’ll gladly keep the Westley Richards here in Europe for safe keeping ? ;) just kidding of course, I’m very happy for you!

As always, I want to be completely transparent. I took my Sabatti for a final polishing to my gunsmith yesterday who did the strip and new finish on the stock. He showed me a thin crack he found in the checkering on the grip of the stock. This is just completely unacceptable to me in that I am not going to make a cosmetic repair and then sell the gun to someone else. Therefore, I selected a beautiful matching piece of English Walnut and he is building a new stock. I am paying him to make it a priority and it will be finished in two weeks. Whoever buys this then will be getting a new stock not just a refinished one. All we have on AH and anywhere is our integrity and I just want to make sure I am transparent and whoever buys this from me trusts it is in great and safe shape. I am eating this cost myself and not raising the price of the gun. It will now have a new stock and still be $6,850.

As always, I want to be completely transparent. I took my Sabatti for a final polishing to my gunsmith yesterday who did the strip and new finish on the stock. He showed me a thin crack he found in the checkering on the grip of the stock. This is just completely unacceptable to me in that I am not going to make a cosmetic repair and then sell the gun to someone else. Therefore, I selected a beautiful matching piece of English Walnut and he is building a new stock. I am paying him to make it a priority and it will be finished in two weeks. Whoever buys this then will be getting a new stock not just a refinished one. All we have on AH and anywhere is our integrity and I just want to make sure I am transparent and whoever buys this from me trusts it is in great and safe shape. I am eating this cost myself and not raising the price of the gun. It will now have a new stock and still be $6,850.
What an incredible bargain, and well done for the extra mile. If only this could be imported easily, my buddy would jump at it.

My rifle is sold pending funds. Thanks everyone for looking. Someone got a great deal. I not only had a new stock made but I also had the old stock repaired so the new owner gets both the stocks

You are on your way of being the @TOBY458 of double rifles!

Congrats on the sale.
Lol!!! You know I am thinking the exact same thing! Maybe it’s because we both live in Georgia! Kevin Peacock has to stop with his double rifle stories…every time I read them I want another one

I am curious why you did not have Ken do the checkover and the regulation. I do not think anyone has had more experience with Sabattis than Ken Owens. I believe your price is very fair considering the work that had taken place.

I am curious why you did not have Ken do the checkover and the regulation. I do not think anyone has had more experience with Sabattis than Ken Owens. I believe your price is very fair considering the work that had taken place.
Ken Owens did the regulation work with the guy I bought the gun from. Ken’s notes went with the gun including load. He gets busy so once I got the gun in my hands I wanted the warm rubbed oil look versus the typical bright laquer that comes on them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marquesgriffin

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois