Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Atglen Sportsmen's Club, NRA, SCI
Hunted
RSA, DE, NJ, PA, KS, TX, ME
Interesting article. As an American, I can’t help but think of how Trump would handle. Probably much like the business gentleman discussed in the article handled his own crisis. Trump’s decisions never seem popular, but he has directed the US back into a position of holding the upper hand in the majority of his moves from a financial perspective, and thus making his country and people better off. Has he taken pop shots and criticism from his opponents and nay-sayers? Sure. But just look at the results. Sounds like SA government should do the same, if they would grow a pair.

@Mort Hill, They, the politicians in RSA, don't have a handle on economics or even democracy and are basically incompetent and inept. That country will have to run itself in to the ground before they figure out the bleeding must stop.

@Mort Hill, They, the politicians in RSA, don't have a handle on economics or even democracy and are basically incompetent and inept. That country will have to run itself in to the ground before they figure out the bleeding must stop.

I would have to obviously agree as this has been a growing issue for quite some time.

IMG-20191119-WA0009.jpg

Trump would probably do what Reagan did with the air traffic controllers--tell them to shut up or they will be fired. Looking at the employment chart for some airlines it is no wonder that SAA is in trouble. If you look around a terminal in Joburg there are more employees than passengers. I find it impossible to need that many people without them stumbling all over each other which I saw a lot of.

It’s the standard 3rd world business model. Hire as many people as you can to reap government employment subsidies while paying as meager wages as possible regardless of costs of living.
Provide only the absolute minimum required training to do only one job, because if people can multi task the government will lose the incentive for the company to hire more people and provide more subsidies (see above).
Then wonder why corruption, boredom, stupidity, and laziness are rampant.
Then when the workers get tired of the BS and strike, order them back to work under threats of force and call them all corrupt, stupid, and lazy....

Why hire one skilled professional at $20 hr, when you can hire 4 untrained people at $4 hr ea for the same job and receive 4 times the government incentives? It’s all just a big circle....

SAA has just above 10.000 employees.

Off course, facts are useless...

Action Bob, where did you get that number? this is what I got on a search of travel agents: "South African Airways employs more than 5000 workers and operates a fleet of more than 50 aircraft, to more than 35 domestic and international destinations.'

Soo, climb your happy bottom on a SAA aircraft and sit back, Enjoy. Not me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cazhino90

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg