www.tokoloshesafaris.info
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Member of
Life Member Safari International, Life Members Dallas Safari Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe, South Africa, Tanzania
Not sure if this is correct or not? My wife just informed that on her Zimbabwe forum, that it was stated SAA airlines is no longer transporting Firearms. I do not know if this is correct on not, maybe someone can clarify.

Lon

I saw a post from @TRAVEL EXPRESS stating the same. Maybe they can share some information.

That's what I read on another forum.

I saw the same on an African hunting FB page... And wondered about them and Airlink and how that worked. Thanks Kevin for the Airlink clarification.

Well they are going to lose business, when I fly to Johannesburg I sometimes fly from Frankfurt or London on SAA, not going to happen now. I wonder if they realize how many hunters they carry.

Well they are going to lose business, when I fly to Johannesburg I sometimes fly from Frankfurt or London on SAA, not going to happen now. I wonder if they realize how many hunters they carry.
If the report is true I can promise you that SAA does not give a damn whether hunters travel with them or not . The proof of SAAs incompetence and corruption from their leadership over the years is well documented with SA tax payers having to pay billions to bail them out on a regular basis . As long as they being bailed out every year then customer service and running a profitable business is of no concern to them .

If the report is true I can promise you that SAA does not give a damn whether hunters travel with them or not . The proof of SAAs incompetence and corruption from their leadership over the years is well documented with SA tax payers having to pay billions to bail them out on a regular basis . As long as they being bailed out every year then customer service and running a profitable business is of no concern to them .

Sadly this is probably very true, I didn’t mind the flights, the attendants where good, but the BS at the counter was very bad.

I’m surprised that passengers are welcome .Once the princess of the sky .

It is my understanding. SAA did not renew their license to transport firearms. Just my unconfirmed understanding.

It's a good thing that Airlinks is now a separate company.

If you can, just don't bother with SAA.

This is a long time coming with lots of kinda-sorta firearm fails along the way. IF I was to hunt RSA I would land in Jo’Burg and demand pickup by car to the lodge. For hunting Zimbabwe, I will not connect, I fly Emirates direct and then go overland to camp. I understand Qatari airlines to Zimbabwe and Ethiopia are two other excellent options.

Puddle-jumper regional airlines are where safaris start to fall of the rails.

That is bad news how many hunters are booked already to fly in with guns?
Especially ones that have connecting flight form SA to Zim, Bots, Moz and local flights to Eastern cape and so one.

Time for a billionaire to start up a hunter friendly airline one that takes guns and ships trophies.

https://www.flysaa.com/documents/51...ems+List/e1704c9c-05b4-4b3c-8945-8710943e60f7
Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 21.56.28.png

Attachments

• Dangerous Goods and Prohibited Items List.pdf
    235 KB · Views: 118
It is a pity that SAA seems to have ceased transporting firearms . I have travelled many times with SAA and taken my self defense sidearm with me on business trips over the last three decades , the last time was about three years ago . I am unaware of any other SA carrier that now offers this service .

SCI reported that SAA will no longer be transporting firearms and ammo, as everyone has suspected, which now shows updated on their website (as @BRICKBURN linked in above). It's a huge disappointment! https://www.flysaa.com/documents/51...e your maximum safety,not be carried on board.

Airlink is not affiliated with SAA, and continues to be firearm friendly. Safair and Fastjet are also firearm friendly and operate throughout Africa. @Frederik - most of the inter-Africa flights are serviced by these airlines (if not exclusively, then as one of several airlines operating the route), so hopefully there won't be too many disruptions to those who are already booked. Check with your travel agent to be sure!

Given their track record of late with business rescues etc even if they transported firearms why would you want to fly with them? There are a number of better options internationally and domestically. I don’t know if any self respecting South Africans that will fly with them again - their next demise is imminent

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 7.27.38 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 7.27.38 AM.png
    458.5 KB · Views: 60
  • Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 7.27.39 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 7.27.39 AM.png
    400.9 KB · Views: 55
  • Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 7.27.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 7.27.41 AM.png
    382.4 KB · Views: 56

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanRigby4

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you