www.huntsafaris.co.za
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Member of
DSC Life Member ; Eastern Cape Game Management Association ; PE Pistol and Rifle Club
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, New Zealand, USA, Canada
just the reg we use now while flying and checking bags...

Thanks Marius. You had me worried for a minute.

I agree James., it looks like the same rules we have been flying on already.
Good to see the Africa to Africa rules are the same as our overseas international flight.

Can you imagine someone showing up with ten bags, all under one weight limit, under the other rules.
Wow.

Thanks Marius. You had me worried for a minute.

I agree James., it looks like the same rules we have been flying on already.
Good to see the Africa to Africa rules are the same as our overseas international flight.

Can you imagine someone showing up with ten bags, all under one weight limit, under the other rules.
Wow.

Feather smugglers! LOL

Just came in on the ATL flight. SAA hit everyone for over 20kg, even the business class guys. Most unfriendly airline in the world.

Just came in on the ATL flight. SAA hit everyone for over 20kg, even the business class guys. Most unfriendly airline in the world.

WT*? As usual, airlines.....

Well the airlines make billions in baggage fees....so it a GOOD RACKET.

SAA is the only airline that i have seen that limits your carry on baggage...and i like it...keeps people from taking everything on board...and filling up over head bins...there and others...i have also witnessed the scale being brought out to weigh your bag for some passengers and when over weight they have to be checked...love it...

As a airline pilot informed me...if baggage is over your seat and does not belong to your seat mate remove and place your up there...remember when airline checks take place you have to remove your bag for bin inspection...and replace when the check is completed...another item is when you do not have your luggage carry on above you you can not monitor it for theft...your meds should be in this bag for easy reach...basic information is the bin above you is for your and your seat mate...

Also SAA has gone out of there way to help provide seating...even thought you have your tickets i have always had to re-ticket in Dulles and SAA has been very help full..

If you can't get by on 100 lbs or less in 2 bags (coach class) for a 10 day to 2 week hunt you're packing WAY too much stuff. We get buy on much less and have never been short on anything

Having flown most of my life, I found SAA above average as a carrier! Did have a problem with their ticketing in the US. I made a mistake on what day and time my flight into Joburg was. I called and corrected! They charged $43. A couple of days later I received confirmation and the date was still wrong. I called to correct it and they said it would be another $43. I asked to talk to a super, she said, "do you want the flight or not"? I paid. I got caught on the over 50 lbs in May. Paid the $35 and they gave me a wonderful flight!

SAA is the only airline that i have seen that limits your carry on baggage...and i like it...keeps people from taking everything on board...and filling up over head bins...there and others...i have also witnessed the scale being brought out to weigh your bag for some passengers and when over weight they have to be checked...love it...

As a airline pilot informed me...if baggage is over your seat and does not belong to your seat mate remove and place your up there...remember when airline checks take place you have to remove your bag for bin inspection...and replace when the check is completed...another item is when you do not have your luggage carry on above you you can not monitor it for theft...your meds should be in this bag for easy reach...basic information is the bin above you is for your and your seat mate...

Also SAA has gone out of there way to help provide seating...even thought you have your tickets i have always had to re-ticket in Dulles and SAA has been very help full..

+1. The most important stuff is in the belly of the plane anyway.

I have been flying rather much with lots of different airliners and the only one that has not charged for over 20 kg or 30 kg limit, was Lufthansa once when I had my then 2 1/2 month son with me and they said they would not charge me for my 20 kg overweight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadSimpso

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg