Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
SCI, WSF, RMEF, GSCO, and NRA
Hunted
Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Mozambique x3, Tanzania and CAR. Tajikistan, Canada, Mexico, AK, WY, NM, SD, CO, UT, AZ, NV
I have received word from some African operators that I have hunted with in the past that some of their Russian hunters are canceling high-end safaris for elephant, leopard, buffalo, etc… due to the Ukrainian war sanctions. There are some discounts that are coming available. If some of you guys on AH are looking for better pricing this year, this might be your chance to save some money!

I know of June and August cancellations for one of the best Botswana elephant areas if anyone is interested. I’m tempted to go back myself!

I was wondering about this. It might be a good opportunity for some to get discounted hunts in great areas, buts it’s really unfortunate especially after 2020. Money from Russians still add to conservation value in wild Africa, particularly lions and elephants.

If someone is Putin' a considerable deposit down for us 1 Ruble=1 US Cent! I'll consider it!

Thank you. I am that guy, that I am probably not going to ever be able to afford higher end hunts. Hell, I just want to get back again for more plains game. But I am so grateful for guys like you that share your experience and connections to help others. Scott... You rock. Have a great weekend sir.

Might as well turn U.S. currency into ivory.

It could be worthless in a week, if oil starts trading in anything else.

My first Botswana hunt was a hunt cancelled by a Russian general due to one of Putin’s shenanigans. Botswana elephant and buffalo seem to be high on their list.

Last edited:
Will there be shortages of vodka and caviar in camp?? Please tell me it's not so! And what on Earth are those devices where you hammer snuff up someone's nose prior to drinking it?? LOL Just saw in a video last night...

Who is sanctioning them in Africa?

Probably more an issue of how to pay outside their country since they can no longer use visa or MasterCard or swift for bank transfers. Their access to US dollars is also likely limited.

I had the same question. The overhead expense for that yacht is over $3 mil per month.
Think his big one cost usd 600 000,000 and on yachts and jets I believe you work on approx 10% of value as running costs per year...so if my maths are vaguely correct then around 5 million a month...and he has more than one.....

Aww poor guy! My heart bleeds…. It’s basically stolen money while the mean income in Russia is $1000 per year.
I think the best ally of Ukraine, could be within Russia itself. Once these Oligarch turds get bled dry by sanctions, they may well try and take down Putin from within.

Just maybe?

L
I think the best ally of Ukraine, could be within Russia itself. Once these Oligarch turds get bled dry by sanctions, they may well try and take down Putin from within.

Just maybe?
Let’s hope so!

Will there be shortages of vodka and caviar in camp?? Please tell me it's not so! And what on Earth are those devices where you hammer snuff up someone's nose prior to drinking it?? LOL Just saw in a video last night...
@C.W. Richter
It called a Koff Kot from memory translates to head shot. A couple of people tried it in our group but I wasn't that silly.
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Walkerph

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you