Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
Nam, Zam, Zim,RSA (Eastern Cape & NW), Canada, NZ, Alaska, TX, LA, MO, OH, MT, ID, WA, WY
There's 3 or 4 gun related websites that I follow which have informative articles on guns, shooting, etc and they are FREE. I like FREE. I'm not sure they are always "independent" thinking. Many a gun writer have been described as "never met a gun they didn't like." They sort of owe their livelihood to the gun manufactures. I've noticed that some of these gun websites come out with articles on the same gun at about the same time. Must be part of the manufacturing companies marketing plan.

Anyways, not that I've had my say, here are some recent articles on Ruger's big single action:

Ruger Single-Action Five-Shot Bisley 454 Casull & 480 Ruger Revolvers
http://www.gunblast.com/Ruger-LipseysBisleys.htm

Ruger's Bisley Super Blackhawk Goes 454 Casull and 480 Ruger
http://www.realguns.com/articles/742.htm

Scoping Ruger's 454 Casull / 480 Ruger Bisley Super Blackhawk Part 1
http://www.realguns.com/articles/747.htm

Scoping Ruger's 454 Casull / 480 Ruger Bisley Super Blackhawk Part 2
www.realguns.com/articles/750.htm

The 454C and 480R Super Blackhawk were only announced about a month ago, and it's frankly been a LONG TIME COMING for a lot of us, so I'd say it's a lot more than coincidence that these articles came out at the same time. I do know, however, that Gun Blast got his before they had been officially announced, and yes, that was part of Ruger's marketing strategy - and he did get his (I believe 3 or 4 of them) for free.

I'm a big time Ruger revolver nut, and equally, a big bore revolver nut. I had a .475Linebaugh Super Blackhawk built ~10yrs ago, and have since sold and replaced it with a custom Super Redhawk in .475Line. Either of those revolvers cost me more than 4x what the new FACTORY 5 shot Ruger Super Blackhawks are costing. Admittedly, I have one of each 454C and 480R on wait list for myself, although I doubt to own them for long, since I have others that I favor already.

I picked up one of the 480 rugers a couple weeks ago. Looking forward to getting it to the range. will post a range report when I have time the shake it out.

Been lots of banter about them on the singleaction forum as well. I have a BFR in .480 already and have zero desire to own another .454 Casull, so I was underwhelmed by the offering personally though I am very glad they did it for sure. I was, like a few other guys hoping a .50 cal was going to make its entrance but alas, no cegar. Mostly what shipped first was the .454 and just a handful of .480's escaped so far, with more on the way. Glad to see it but I wont be buying either one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glorianab

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg