Ruger RSM .416 Rigby & Lifetime Supply Of Woodleigh For Sale

deewayne2003

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
I purchased this rifle for my September 2021 water buffalo hunt in Australia, which due to covid has now been canceled and I'm moving on.

Ruger RSM .416 Rigby
3NaQ8Ad.jpg
cw67nJ9.jpg
gObNXlN.jpg
jhI8tws.jpg
kGHVf6o.jpg

According to Ruger this rifle was shipped in 2006
Rifle comes with....

Limbsaver recoil pad installed + factory recoil pad and Hogue also.
Factory box with manual, lock & blank warranty card.
Alaska Magnum 30mm QD Rings - in box with all paperwork (I do not have the factory rings)
Timney Trigger installed & factory trigger parts are also included.
9bxBb1c.jpg

I purchased this rifle from a fellow forum member who stated that he had the cant on the bolt handle adjusted slightly to give clearance for a Trijicon Accupoint scope and the smith finished the job by polishing the bolt handle and he did an excellent job.
wUac937.jpg

Components.....
Lyman die set
VJ4kYIB.jpg

Brass- 25pcs Norma New, 62pcs Norma once fired, 18 FC Nickel
nqSRdvM.jpg

Woodleigh bullets (All showing to be "out of stock, no back order")
410gr RNSN W37A = 31pcs
410gr FMJ W38 = 136pcs
450gr RNSN W37B = 141pcs - Same bullet as Norma PH ammo
450gr FMJ W38B = 134pcs
rGDKlEu.jpg

Couple others
400gr. Cutting Edge Solid = 40pcs
400gr. Swift A-Frame = 20pcs
tNcA4MT.jpg

$3,650.00 for the entire package - CONTACT BY PM ONLY

Located in Austin Texas and willing to deal with shipping to your FFL. - California sales will require a $1,000 pain in the A$$ fee for shipping.

Serious inquiries only- No tire kickers please!

Will consider partial trade for Leica or Swaro 10x binoculars.

Last edited:
Damn!!!!! I’ve wanted that rifle for ever. It never fails shit like this comes up when I’m broke. I just spent all my$$$ in Namibia and a shoulder surgery. If I wasn’t broke I’d given you asking price no problem. That’s a Hellava deal.

Very nice rifle and components at a very fair price!

Sad to hear about youy cancelled buff hunt. Maybe it will resurrect?

Hi Kevin,

Just curious about the recoil pad, looks different from any Limbsaver that I have ever seen? Looks like it is made for serious recoil.

Do you perhaps accept blood and or kidneys?
LOL No blood or Kidneys needed thankfully, but I would accept partial trade for a lightly used 10x set of Leica or Swaro Binos.

If memory serves me correct you know some guys at IGFA and are a Sabatti fan, for the right deal we could work something out...... Been thinking about a Sabatti SXS 45-70 for hog hunts.

FYI - My profile pic is my Sabatti .470NE L&R group, when Ken Owen checked the regulation before installing new sight.

Hi Kevin,

Just curious about the recoil pad, looks different from any Limbsaver that I have ever seen? Looks like it is made for serious recoil.

It's the "Airtech" version, made for serious recoil.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 2.33.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 2.33.27 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 149
  • Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 2.33.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 2.33.29 PM.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 146
  • Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 2.33.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 2.33.31 PM.png
    471.7 KB · Views: 155
LOL No blood or Kidneys needed thankfully, but I would accept partial trade for a lightly used 10x set of Leica or Swaro Binos.

If memory serves me correct you know some guys at IGFA and are a Sabatti fan, for the right deal we could work something out...... Been thinking about a Sabatti SXS 45-70 for hog hunts.

FYI - My profile pic is my Sabatti .470NE L&R group, when Ken Owen checked the regulation before installing new sight.
I can very likely hook you up with a good deal on a 45/70 double though I doubt it would cover the cost of this rifle. When you get serious about getting one holler and I can ask my buddy what he can do for you.

My double is an IFG gun as well. It is a Fair Iside in 9.3x74r. I love it. My hand load is spot on shooting my favorite bullet which is the Barnes TSX. It was regulated for S&B ammo. I got lucky in that it wasn’t to difficult getting a hand load to shoot well. Spent a few weeks on it and found out that in my particular gun I have to push the bullet pretty hard to get the best accuracy out of it. It’s killed many a bison and a ton of longhorns. I often get requests for me to put down old Longhorns that are poorly and take them to my studio to be mounted. It’s been great for helping develop a load that’s accurate but also deadly. I’ve killed several hogs with it as well and it’s more than adequate. I was supposed to hunt Cape Buffalo with it in 2020 but COVID canceled that.

I hear yah Gizmo, this rifle is for sale because my Water Buffalo hunt go canceled for COVID.

Rifle still for sale and will entertain partial trades for quality guns and or good set of binoculars.

FYI - The Partial boxes of both A-Frames & cutting edge solids are no longer included; I'm sending those bullets to somebody that is preparing for Africa.

Man it’s killing me. I would love this rifle.

Honestly, unless you’re an FFL, shipping to Cali is no different than shipping to any other FFL. Cali allows private citizen to FFL just fine. No issues with the bullets or brass - they only care about loaded ammo.

On the other hand (*and since I moved out of there last year) if you just hate Cali, all the more power to you. :)

Honestly, unless you’re an FFL, shipping to Cali is no different than shipping to any other FFL. Cali allows private citizen to FFL just fine. No issues with the bullets or brass - they only care about loaded ammo.

On the other hand (*and since I moved out of there last year) if you just hate Cali, all the more power to you. :)
No my aversion to California shipping results from shipping a .470NE to California and you’re description of shipping to California is far from what I experienced…..

It had to be from FFL to FFL in Cali and they had to approve the gun was authorized, and blah blah blah…. It was a nightmare and I had to drive from Austin to San Antonio to ship it as that was the closest FFL that was registered to the state.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MorrisFloc

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg