Ruger RSM 416 Rigby For Sale

Probably wont like it.
Krish
Agreed!… I stopped by Rugers booth at DSC and asked about big bores and what they were offering.

“Well have you seen any of our amazing 300’s or 6.5 Creedmore?”

I told him I was going on a water Buffalo hunt…..

“Really, you mean a .300Win or a 7mmMag won’t do the job?”

Im sure it would but I’m not bringing a pea shooter against an animal more than capable of stomping my guts out.

“Sorry can’t help you then!”

I lost a lot of respect for Ruger this past weekend!

I still can’t figure out how they sold them so cheap to begin with, I think my 416 was 900 or something like that. They had to be barely breaking even….

I still can’t figure out how they sold them so cheap to begin with, I think my 416 was 900 or something like that. They had to be barely breaking even….
The bigbores were sold at over $2000.00 MSR WHEN THEY CAME OUT FOR .375, 416 rigby, and 458 lott. In RSM.

No, RSM ARE MADE IN .375, 416 RIGBY, AND AT THE TAIL END 458 LOTT. NEVER MADE IT IN 458 WINCHESTER. RSM's are large Magnum Actions.
Krish

The 458 Lott you're keeping is a stunner!! Making me drool a bit..
It has history. All the dings have story to tell. When i got it it was scratched up and but pad melted. It took a while to clean it up. Removed most of deep dings wood underneath was spectacular. Finished it with little time I had. Will work on it one day and make it what it should look like. I do have 4 new in the box. But I like this the most. It has taken DG,'s. Done its part.
Krish.

It has history. All the dings have story to tell. When i got it it was scratched up and but pad melted. It took a while to clean it up. Removed most of deep dings wood underneath was spectacular. Finished it with little time I had. Will work on it one day and make it what it should look like. I do have 4 new in the box. But I like this the most. It has taken DG,'s. Done its part.
Krish.
Wish I could afford em! I'm looking to stay in the $1,800 price range or trade for a pretty much brand new pair of Vortex Razor UHD 12x50 binoculars.

I am not saying you will not. But chances are slim. Rugers made 458 Lott's at the end and very few were made. Lott's are hard kickers. They need to be bedded properly with piller blocks and tang should be relieved properly. Other wise stock will split at the Tang.
Krish

Agreed!… I stopped by Rugers booth at DSC and asked about big bores and what they were offering.

“Well have you seen any of our amazing 300’s or 6.5 Creedmore?”

I told him I was going on a water Buffalo hunt…..

“Really, you mean a .300Win or a 7mmMag won’t do the job?”

Im sure it would but I’m not bringing a pea shooter against an animal more than capable of stomping my guts out.

“Sorry can’t help you then!”

I lost a lot of respect for Ruger this past weekend!
That is just depressing.

Does anyone know what the factory LOP was on the Ruger 416 Rigby RSM?

I reckon the accountants have gained control of Ruger; no Soul any more ...
The best companies understand that you need engineers, accountants and soul.

Difficult balance to maintain, for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg