Ruger Number One 450/400 Nitro Express, .400 Jeffery, C Weight Barrel, Nice

cajunchefray

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
DSC
Up for sale is a great Ruger Number 1 in 450/400 Nitro Express, .400 Jeffery. 24 inch "C" weight barrel, ( .750 at the muzzle). Weight is 8.4 pounds.

A really nice Ruger Number One, even though in the 134 serial number range; Better bluing and finish than current 134 series.
My retained Ruger #1's are favorite in the 133 serial number range.
I think, but I do not know that this is a Lipsey's Special.

Weight is 8.4 pounds, bare, with 1 inch Pachmayer D752B Decelerator, Red 1 inch recoil pad. LOP is 14.25 inches.
Two, .410, 400 grain solids epoxied into the buttstock, for perfect balance. The rifle balances at the hinge screw.

Nice bluing, with some safe marks, and wood, with minimal dents. This rifle ain't perfect but is nice and ready to hunt.
I can send more pictures after March 31st, after I return from travel.

I am selling because, at my age, this is now too much recoil. Time to pass it on to younger hunters/ shooters.

This rifle is accurate. Tested at 75 yards, within 1 MOA. I have removed the folding rear sight from the quarter rib, for scope mounting, this sight will be included with the rifle.
I'm stepping down to a Ruger Number 1, 35 Whelen, for shooting function.

Let me know if you would like more pictures.

CajunChef

You will not be disappointed. After a 5-day inspection, non-firing handling time, I will refund your money, if you are not pleased.

IMG-0840 Ruger#1 400 Jeffery.jpg
IMG-0844 Ruger #1 400 Jeffery.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the price on the 450/400?

Thank you I didn't see it

Sweetening the pot. NEW PRICE. Ruger #1 450-400Nitro 3" Rifle PLUS,
1 box of Hornady .410, 400 DGX (the newer bonded one). Tested in dry and wet newspaper bundles, these hold together.

$ 1675 SHIPPED to the lower 48 states, packed well in a dedicated gun package box, insured.

You will not be disappointed, but I offer a 5 day, non-firing inspection to the buyer.

We travel too much and sometimes need a little more time.

IMG-0873.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Please elect someone who allows the US to export hunting arms to SA.

Beautiful rifle. I can’t believe this hasn’t sold. I have one as well or I would be interested. Mine is not as nice as this one.

Sweetening the pot. NEW PRICE. Ruger #1 450-400Nitro 3" Rifle PLUS,
1 box of Hornady .410, 400 DGX (the newer bonded one). Tested in dry and wet newspaper bundles, these hold together.

$ 1675 SHIPPED to the lower 48 states, packed well in a dedicated gun package box, insured.

You will not be disappointed, but I offer a 5 day, non-firing inspection to the buyer.

We travel too much and sometimes need a little more time.

View attachment 526576
Updated to specify payment methods. USPS Money Order, Certified Bank check. I am willing to accept Zelle payments (Some of my clients pay this way), after we have live conversation.

Ah! If I live in th US, I already bought it. What a beatiful rifle

Best wishes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois