Ruger no1 500 nitro

I’ve looking rifle

From the bench she's a beast... cheek is a little sore. But it shoots straight pic is 100yds with peep and large front bead.

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1577831058697.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
From the bench she's a beast... cheek is a little sore. But it shoots straight pic is 100yds with peep and large front bead.
I thought I might be going down this road too, but I believe I'll have express sights sorted in a few weeks. Nice to know they work so well.

I thought I might be going down this road too, but I believe I'll have express sights sorted in a few weeks. Nice to know they work so well.
Id recommend the skinner peeps. I used the factory irons on my 458 lott and liked those too, though they werent as precise

Id recommend the skinner peeps. I used the factory irons on my 458 lott and liked those too, though they werent as precise
Well it's a clear advantage. My sight radius in irons is about 17½" and with the peeps I'd wager you're closer to 24" as I don't know your barrel length. My chief complaint was that my issued irons devoured elevation at 25 yards and were quite a squint to see.

Last edited:
That's great shooting Robby!

There’s a gentleman on YouTube who goes by the name 1tufgun. He likes his many big bores and has a Ruger no.1 in 500 nitro that he shoots in a couple of his videos. The recoil is obvious in the vid but he knows how to take it.

There’s a gentleman on YouTube who goes by the name 1tufgun. He likes his many big bores and has a Ruger no.1 in 500 nitro that he shoots in a couple of his videos. The recoil is obvious in the vid but he knows how to take it.
His videos were part of my motivation to get this rifle. Standing the recoil isn't bad at all, a big push

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudeWjg34

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross