Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
Nam, Zam, Zim,RSA (Eastern Cape & NW), Canada, NZ, Alaska, TX, LA, MO, OH, MT, ID, WA, WY
I have a lot of Ruger rifles and pistols, but I don't own a No.1 and I don't have a 257 Weatherby either. I just thought this was an interesting and well written, two part article.

Here's a quote:

"The Ruger No.1 carries the intent of a day at the range or the satisfaction of putting food on the table. Its creation was for a useful purpose, it's destiny fulfilled in service of sustenance. The No.1's greatest show of malevolence is in dispatching varmints or harvesting fur. The Ruger No.1 is the America I miss. The AR is the America I live in."

Doesn't that hit the nail on the head?

Ruger's No. 1 in 257 Weatherby Magnum Part I
http://www.realguns.com/articles/802.htm

Ruger's No. 1 in 257 Weatherby Magnum Part II
http://www.realguns.com/articles/803.htm

No convinceing needed here! I love the number 1. I have two of them 300 win mag and 458 Lott......would gladly add another! The are great rifles!

Thank you for sharing the article!

I have always wanted a No. 1, just never went for it. They make them in such varied calibers, and gorgeous variants. I always was partial to either a 7x57 (particularly the international model I believe its called with the mannlicher stock) or something like a 300 H&H.

No convinceing needed here! I love the number 1. I have two of them 300 win mag and 458 Lott......would gladly add another! The are great rifles!

Charlie: I bet squeezing off a round in 458 Lott gets your attention! Question for you: Is the No 1 essentially ambidextrous? I'm taking my son-in-law on an elk hunt in 2017 and he's a southpaw.

A look at Gunbroker shows there are plenty of calibers to select from:
upload_2016-3-18_13-12-42.png

nice gun

Charlie: I bet squeezing off a round in 458 Lott gets your attention! Question for you: Is the No 1 essentially ambidextrous? I'm taking my son-in-law on an elk hunt in 2017 and he's a southpaw.

A look at Gunbroker shows there are plenty of calibers to select from:
View attachment 57739

Yes it's ambidextrous!

Yes it's ambidextrous!

I don't own a No. 1, yet, but as a lefty I've shot one and it is definitely the same from the left side. If your son in law is looking for a left hand single shot the No. 1 will definitely fit the bill.

Yes love No. 1s but pretty much Red Pads as back then they had good wood. I have been known to buy an old one and put the wood on a newer one.

A few of mine. Since added another 7x57 1a, 7x57 International, 7mm RemMag 1b, 270 1b and 30-06 1b (which is getting rebored to 35 Whelen)

The 300 H&H was a 30-06, the 450-400 has wood swapped off a 1976 458 and the 458 has wood off a VERY early 30-06 (note the early checkering pattern)

Would love a 257 "Bee" with a 28" 3 groove nitrided barrel !
ruger No 1s.jpg

Yes sir the wood on yours are stunning!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineDu

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross