Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Africa/Canada/United States
Today is a great day! I am now the proud owner of a Ruger M77 MKII chambered in .375 H&H. I managed to find a brand new and still in the box for an unbeliveable low price of $1,100 dollars. The guy I got it from had three of the same model in 375 and and three in 416. Not exactly sure how he came about having them but I am sure he never checked on their relative worth. I tried to pick up a matching 416 but he had already promised them to others. I know this post doesn't lead into much of a discussion. I just wanted to brag a little about my good fortune.

Today is a great day! I am now the proud owner of a Ruger M77 MKII chambered in .375 H&H. I managed to find a brand new and still in the box for an unbeliveable low price of $1,100 dollars. The guy I got it from had three of the same model in 375 and and three in 416. Not exactly sure how he came about having them but I am sure he never checked on their relative worth. I tried to pick up a matching 416 but he had already promised them to others. I know this post doesn't lead into much of a discussion. I just wanted to brag a little about my good fortune.

:cool::thumb::whoo::beer::rockon::barmy:

Brag away, you got a fine rifle at a fine price...:thumb:

Well done, a very nice rifle for a factory item. A damn shame ruger dropped it. A new one in Oz, if you could find it would set you back about $3K.

I also have one and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Clover leaf at 100 yards with 300 grain handloads. I just added a RSM 458 Lott and I think this on may be the all time favorite. The biggest mistake Ruger ever did was to stop production on this rifle

Headed to the range this weekend to through a few bullets through it. I haven't decided if I'm going to put a scope on it or not. The from bead on the fixed site is a little hard to see. If I leave the scope off I think I will have to replace the front site. I have read a lot about stock cracks on this gun and folks recommend glass bedding to prevent it. Any recommendations on a good gunsmith will be appreciated.

We want pics.....We want pics......We want pics...

I just bought one myself in 375H&H. Mine was used but excellent condition at about 98% with louie 1.5-5 scope. Congrats on a heck of a deal!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdrieneRun

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois