Ruger M77 Hawkeye 9.3x62 For Sale

@JeffD

Tommy does all stocks- World record shooters from shotgun to Bench rest use his stocks.

After all my .470ne is a rifle

Mmmm.....that old taxidermist one again.....he maaking you lose out on lots :E Rofl:

I'm telling ya, all these great deals after I got back from a great safari. Next excuse will be "I have to pay for a safari". :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Curious... "never had a scope fitted..." yet it is pictured with rings and bases. Do they come with the rifle?

Curious... "never had a scope fitted..." yet it is pictured with rings and bases. Do they come with the rifle?

Most Ruger (if not all) rifles come with their own rings.

Most Ruger (if not all) rifles come with their own rings.
Hmmm. I only own 2 Rugers No. 1 and a M77 MrkII, which, most Rugers, came with integral bases. No rings.

My Lipsey edition 9.3 came with rings.

Hmmm. I only own 2 Rugers No. 1 and a M77 MrkII, which, most Rugers, came with integral bases. No rings.

interesting, out of the 5 Ruger no1 & MK-Ii they came with their own rings. Did u buy them new?

The No 1 was a 45-70 with scope blocks and no rings. The M77 was "NIB" no rings. Maybe there should have been.

i couldnt help it....made an offer and he took it! She is MINE MINE MINE! Getting a "few" of these Rugers in the safes over the last few years. Its my 3rd 9.3x62 but its an African so had to grab it!

This one is GONE GONE GONE! Thanks Jeff!

Man did I miss this deal. Always wanted a 9.3. I’m second in line if the buyer pulls out. Beautiful rifle and anyone who gets it will be very happy.

They have the Ruger proprietary rings included that fit those integral bases packed in the box with new rifles. Did you throughly look through the box? They are usually in slots made for them in the Styrofoam on newer guns or packed under that cardboard flap on some older ones.

In fact Ruger Customer service is so good that they will let you swap for different scope tube size and/or heights.

Man did I miss this deal. Always wanted a 9.3. I’m second in line if the buyer pulls out. Beautiful rifle and anyone who gets it will be very happy.

I've been enjoying the hell out of mine the last few years. One of my favorite rifles.

In typical Ruger mentality, at 7 1/2 pounds the rifle was built too light for the caliber, not to mention the crappy excuse for a recoil pad Ruger uses on almost all of their centerfire rifles. I am certainly not recoil shy as I own heavy rifles up to including a factory built 500 ASq and a Verney Carron 600 NE, and trust me, neither are "safe queens." The rifle in question should have been built at a minimum of 8 1/2 pounds with a decent recoil pad. No sense getting beat up.

Another example on the Ruger mentality. I have a Ruger No. 1 Boddington African edition "Elephant" chambered in 450 3 1/4. Believe it or not, it also came in at 7 1/2 pounds. It was nearly uncontrollable with full house Hornady loads. It got the same treatment. Interestingly, the box came with a picture of Boddington holding the rifle - wonder if ever actually shot one?

I have always given Ruger a lot credit for innovations and creativity, but they seem at times to come up a bit short on common sense. I personally raised the recoil pad issue with a Ruger representative at the 2020 DSC convention. He didn't really seem interested in even listening.

One last comment on the Hawkeye 9.3 - many members on this site seem enamored with the 9.3, partially on the basis that it is nearly as potent as the venerable H&H 375, with maybe a tad less recoil. It was popular in the day in Africa because it was typically chambered in more affordable Mauser rifles from Germany and otherwise. I don't think many of us would be fond of a 7 1/2 pound .375.
Actually that rifle is one of the Lipseys special run built by Ruger to Lipseys specs. I have one of Rugers first run of Africans in that chambering built to Rugers specs and it is a bit different. The rifle has a 23" medium weight barrel which adds some much needed weight, much better open sights and the bolt handle is left in the white. I have shot and handled both mine and the Lipseys model and much prefer the earlier and heavier rifle. Shooting it is not much different than a normal 30'06 with 180-200gr bullets. Its a shame that Ruger didn't continue it in their African line but I suspect that it wasn't a hot seller.

Actually that rifle is one of the Lipseys special run built by Ruger to Lipseys specs. I have one of Rugers first run of Africans in that chambering built to Rugers specs and it is a bit different. The rifle has a 23" medium weight barrel which adds some much needed weight, much better open sights and the bolt handle is left in the white. I have shot and handled both mine and the Lipseys model and much prefer the earlier and heavier rifle. Shooting it is not much different than a normal 30'06 with 180-200gr bullets. Its a shame that Ruger didn't continue it in their African line but I suspect that it wasn't a hot seller.
The average deer hunter at least in my area doesn't have any idea what a 9.3 is, or a 404J for that matter.....and many others that are common calibers on this forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LynnePhife

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg