Glenn Slaven

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA
The Ruger 9.3x62 Hawkeye African is at distributors and shipping to dealers. It is a Lipseys exclusive I beleive, so your dealer will have to get it from them. The only downside (to me) is that it is tapered barrel profile and not a heavy barrel like the original release.

There may be another run of 6.5x55 too.

Now if I can just locate the .275 Rigby....

The Ruger 9.3x62 Hawkeye African is at distributors and shipping to dealers. It is a Lipseys exclusive I beleive, so your dealer will have to get it from them. The only downside (to me) is that it is tapered barrel profile and not a heavy barrel like the original release.

There may be another run of 6.5x55 too.

Now if I can just locate the .275 Rigby....
You can find the 6.5x55 on Guns International or Guns America for as little as $1100. The .275 Rigby is another story. How much are you willing to let go for a same as new in box .275 Rigby?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-13 at 12.47.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-13 at 12.47.49 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 260
You can find the 6.5x55 on Guns International or Guns America for as little as $1100. The .275 Rigby is another story. How much are you willing to let go for a same as new in box .275 Rigby?

Bet you know somebody who has one!

Bet you know somebody who has one!
Not this minute, but I could find one for someone willing to pay up in the high teens

I have the 6.5, I kicked myself for paying over 1k when couple months later Lipseys had them for $800 dealer cost.

PM me for details on the .275. I’ve considered getting another 6.5 and just having it converted to .275.

Glenn...............that would be a costly conversion, I think...............best of luck....................FWB

Glenn...............that would be a costly conversion, I think...............best of luck....................FWB
You don’t think I could just have it rebored and rechambered? Well crap. I thought it may be easy. Lol

Case head on the 6.5X55 is the odd ball 12.2mm instead of the usual 12.01mm.........necessitating a bolt change.........that's the bummer...............good luck.......FWB

I had one of the early runs of these some years ago and while it shot very well, it had a bad habit of not firing all the time. I sent it back to Ruger for service and thought it was good to go, but it did it one more time too many. Probably pass on this latest run, don't need one anyway. Problem is I still have ammo left over from the last one I sold. May have to pick up a cheapo of some sort just to shoot once in a while and use up the ammo.

A 9.3 is about the only caliber I would still like to have. I think a Sako may be my choice...............FWB

I had one of the early runs of these some years ago and while it shot very well, it had a bad habit of not firing all the time. I sent it back to Ruger for service and thought it was good to go, but it did it one more time too many. Probably pass on this latest run, don't need one anyway. Problem is I still have ammo left over from the last one I sold. May have to pick up a cheapo of some sort just to shoot once in a while and use up the ammo.
Well have I got a deal for you! I have a Sauer I’m looking to get rid of....

I have the 6.5, I kicked myself for paying over 1k when couple months later Lipseys had them for $800 dealer cost.

PM me for details on the .275. I’ve considered getting another 6.5 and just having it converted to .275.

I’m in the same boat. I searched high and low for the 275 and found two. The first one I drove 3 hours one way to the cabelas in OKC and when they opened the box the stock was busted in half. I got lucky and found another one in a cabelas in league city and drove down 1.5 hours and bought it. When the 6.5 came out I didn’t want one until I stumbled upon it at Gibson’s in Kerrville so for “ investment “ purposes I bought it and it’s still Brand new in the box sitting in my safe and I don’t think I’ll ever get out of it what I paid.

I’m in the same boat. I searched high and low for the 275 and found two. The first one I drove 3 hours one way to the cabelas in OKC and when they opened the box the stock was busted in half. I got lucky and found another one in a cabelas in league city and drove down 1.5 hours and bought it. When the 6.5 came out I didn’t want one until I stumbled upon it at Gibson’s in Kerrville so for “ investment “ purposes I bought it and it’s still Brand new in the box sitting in my safe and I don’t think I’ll ever get out of it what I paid.
Hell, we are practically neighbors lol. I’m over in Baytown. If you want to get together sometime and shoot (I have lots of MGs) hit me up. I’m always looking for a reason to shoot. I just ask guys toss in some coin for ammo.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 9.38.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 9.38.05 AM.png
    969.5 KB · Views: 291

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg