Ruger Hawkeye 9.3x62, another run?

I finally shot my 9.3x62 African today. Really like the rifle. Now to start some load development!

I finally shot my 9.3x62 African today. Really like the rifle. Now to start some load development!

Sounds like a great day. Not much compares to the first day with a new rig and f8nding out the plan is working.

What load and how would you rate the recoil- or what other rifle and load does it compare to?

Sounds like a great day. Not much compares to the first day with a new rig and f8nding out the plan is working.

What load and how would you rate the recoil- or what other rifle and load does it compare to?
Hi @shootist~ we were just shooting some cheap 286 grain factory ammo today. The recoil is very pleasant, probably about the same as a 300 WM. I am looking forward to playing around with this one for sure. I didn’t own a 9.3 until just a little while ago but this forum is bad for your checkbook! I ended up with a 9.3x62, 9.3x64 Brenneke and a 9.3x74R in a matter of a couple months. All three are very cool rounds with a lot of promise.
Cheers,
Cody

What rifle is the x64? Such a cool round!
It is a custom rifle that I am still trying to figure out who built it. My parents picked it up for me at an estate sale. She is a beautiful rifle and hopefully she shoots as good as it looks.
Brass is not very plentiful for it and took some doing to get a hold of enough to do anything with.
1EBCAA20-309C-47CE-A336-0F7007684C7F.jpeg

NECG sells RWS ammo and Huntington die specialties sell RWS brass. I believe it’s the only kind to be had for a x64. Ask Bruce Moulds
They were out. I got some RWS off of GB and got the last of what Qual-cart had. I’m good for a spell now. Thanks though, appreciate it.

6.5x55; 270 Win; 7x57; 30’06, 318 WR; 35 Whelen, 9.3x62; 375 H&H; 458 Lott This ought to be the caliber lineup for the Ruger African!
nksmjamjp
Forget the 458 Lott to new instead the 404 Jeffery or 425 Wesley Richards. That would complete the line up old oldies but goodies.
Cheers
Bob

It is a custom rifle that I am still trying to figure out who built it. My parents picked it up for me at an estate sale. She is a beautiful rifle and hopefully she shoots as good as it looks.
Brass is not very plentiful for it and took some doing to get a hold of enough to do anything with.
View attachment 308022
Bet you wear a sissy pad with that steel butt plate on that one. OUCH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maximo5631

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,