Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
See several on Gunbroker, new for around $1100. Must be a new run of these.

Cabelas had a couple in league city the other day, also a couple 6.5x55’s

Well either way, there are a few out there now that weren't before.

Anybody hear what the next caliber is going to be yet?

Found one of these on my local gunshops website this week, picked it up yesterday after placing order on Monday. Price was a little over $1K before tax. Put a Leupold VX-3i 1.5-5x by 20mm on it, hoping to make it to the range next week.

This caliber really wasn't on my radar a year ago; once I started reading about it on this forum I looked into it, then reading about the Ruger African I got really interested. Thought I missed out but happy to have one in my hands now. Pic below of the one I bought

15696255729672927464717134013822.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice looking rifle! I’d like to know how well these rifles are grouping. I know a number of folks on here have them.

Nice looking rifle! I’d like to know how well these rifles are grouping. I know a number of folks on here have them.
I hope to post some results next week, have some Prvi 285 gr, Norma Oryx 286 and 2 Nosler loads due to arrive any day now.

That’s the beauty of this site, things that you didn’t even know existed become things you can’t live without!

Gotta love those upside down pics!:whistle::eek::rolleyes:o_O:D

Last edited by a moderator:
They need to make a run in 35 Whelen!

A production rifle might make the ammo companies interested in making some brass and bullets. I’d love a 318 but there’s one bullet and very little head stamped brass.

Never happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg