Ruger American Ranch In .300 Blackout

Discussion in 'Free Classifieds' started by Albert GRANT, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Albert GRANT

Albert GRANT AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    RSA
    I know this isn't the norm for guns on here but someone might like to play with it. Need to sell to give me a little breathing room for my trip, in case I have any unexpected money issues. If none arise the money will be used to finish the .375 H&H I'm building, which unfortunately won't be ready in time for my trip. It is a RH bolt. It is barely broken in and comes with 40rds of 220gr subs and 20rds of 147gr standard. Asking $400 plus $35 shipping to your FFL. rar300.jpg

gizmo and Ragman like this.

2. gizmo

gizmo AH ENABLER SPONSOR Since 2015 AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA Life Member, DSC Life Member, SCI Life Member, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
    Hunted:
    Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
    Man great rifle and cool caliber. If I wasn't broke right now I'd take you up on it. I have a Ruger American in 270 and I love it. It's a great shooting gun.

BWH and Albert GRANT like this.

3. Albert GRANT

Albert GRANT AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    RSA
    The caliber is definitely awesome. Very versatile. This rifle/ caliber combo is surprisingly accurate past 300 yds with the barnes 110gr load, and a nasty thumper with 220gr subs and a suppressor

4. Ragman

Ragman AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    Canada(Sask./B.C.), Namibia, RSA(Eastern Cape) USA(Texas)
    I used @gizmo's .270 when I hunted his ranch and loved it. So much so that I'll be buying one in .223 this fall. My non-hunting brother has decided that he'd like to start hunting this year and asked what kind of rifle he should get. I recommended the Ruger American. He chose the good old .308

You should be able to sell that in a hurry!

gizmo likes this.

5. CAustin

CAustin AH ENABLER BRONZE SUPPORTER AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
    Hunted:
    South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
    Good luck Albert it's a good rifle.

6. MS Hitman

MS Hitman SILVER SUPPORTER AH Enthusiast

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA Life Member, Handgun Hunters International, Quail Forever, SCI, DSC, DU
    Hunted:
    USA (MS, LA, WV, CO, TX, AL, AR, & NM), South Africa, New Brunswick, Canada
    I have a Ranch Rifle in .223. This is a very good rifle and cartridge combination.

Ragman likes this.

7. thriller

thriller AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NWTF, NRA, DU and QDMA
    Hunted:
    Countries: Argentina, United States and Zimbabwe States: AL, LA, FL, MS, Tenn., SD, ND, IA, NE, KN,SC, GA, TX and NC
    Hey Albert I need a hog thumper to go with my new suppressor. I got a few questions when you have a chance.

8. mdwest

mdwest AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    DSC Life Member, NRA Life Member
    Hunted:
    USA, South Africa, Argentina, Peru
    Albert left for Africa yesterday I believe.. it might be a few days before he gets back to you...

I've got 2x ruger americans... both in .308.. bought them on a whim when I was in Buds Gunshop one afternoon because they were super cheap (Buds was having a pretty big 4th of July sale) and I thought they would be fun (got one each for my wife and I).. we bought the little "compact" version with the 18" barrel..

I replaced the stocks on both of them with a "classic" boyds laminate.. and topped them both with an inexpensive vortex crossfire II optic.. thinking I would have a cheap "loaner" deer/hog rifle for friends and relatives.. and something just to toy around with myself on occasion..

But.. Ive decided I really like the rifle.. and its become one of my primary hunting guns.. I've caught myself even considering taking mine to Africa next year for Hartebeest and Wildebeest just for kicks.. (although I am pretty sure I'm going to end up taking either the win 70 7mm mag.. or the win 70 .375 h&h)..

They are certainly no frills, basic bolt guns.. but theyre light, accurate, have a nice quick swing with the short barrels and stocks, and are a joy to shoot..

The action is surprisingly decent for an entry level rifle as well..

Ragman likes this.

9. thriller

thriller AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NWTF, NRA, DU and QDMA
    Hunted:
    Countries: Argentina, United States and Zimbabwe States: AL, LA, FL, MS, Tenn., SD, ND, IA, NE, KN,SC, GA, TX and NC

10. Albert GRANT

Albert GRANT AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    RSA
    Pm to you @thriller. Rifle is no longer for sale guys. I decided I liked it too much, and luckily everything went great in Africa and no extra costs popped up!

11. CAustin

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Hunted:
    South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
    Albert I like the new Avitar! You got a very nice kudu.

Albert GRANT likes this.

12. Albert GRANT

Albert GRANT AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    RSA
    Thanks Charlie! I would have been perfectly happy with much smaller, we just got really lucky and this big boy was the first one that stayed put long enough to get a shot at, so I'm extremely happy with it!

CAustin likes this.

13. CAustin

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Hunted:
    Congrats again Albert! Very happy for you.