Ruger 77 or browning x-bolt

If it had a wood stock I’d be all over that. I just can’t handle looking at fake stocks. Stupid I know. I also have this thing where I can’t sell my guns, like ever. So if I bought it I’d have to look at it the rest of my life....lol my plan is to just get a nice gun for a few years to shoot some boar or deer with while I save for a Montana.404 Jeff.

You can always upgrade later. My first deer rifle has gone from being an old-style Savage 110 with the heavy trigger and cruddy synthetic stock to one with a nice piece of walnut from Boyd’s, a Timney trigger on the way, and eventually it’ll get a Shilen barrel.

Point is, what the rifle is now isn’t what it has to always be. As long as you’ve got a good platform to start from, make it what you want as you go. It won’t be “custom” but it will be unique to you.

You can always upgrade later. My first deer rifle has gone from being an old-style Savage 110 with the heavy trigger and cruddy synthetic stock to one with a nice piece of walnut from Boyd’s, a Timney trigger on the way, and eventually it’ll get a Shilen barrel.

Point is, what the rifle is now isn’t what it has to always be. As long as you’ve got a good platform to start from, make it what you want as you go. It won’t be “custom” but it will be unique to you.
The rifle in my avatar is a savage 110 in .270. To this day my favorite rifle. I’ve though about possibly buying a Boyd’s for it.

The rifle in my avatar is a savage 110 in .270. To this day my favorite rifle. I’ve though about possibly buying a Boyd’s for it.

Would highly recommend it. My .243 started life out as a youth model and now being over 6ft y’all I definitely needed something that fit me better. It’s been money well spent and have a rifle that was sitting in the back of my safe new life.

I have an old Ruger M77 tang safety .300wm. I believe its crf. Im not a fan of the Ramline stock but the action is smooth, feeds and it has acceptable accuracy.
My brother has an A Bolt .308. Its compact, Nice to handle but recoil is harsher than other .308s ive had

Got an X Bolt 375h&h. It's given me no problem other than the stock finish got scuffed and I sprayed texture paint on it. Easy to touch up. I pillar bedded and full length bedded the stock. Replaced the factory sights with fiber optics. Put a barrel band on for the front swivel .

The gun is on the light side so choose your pros and cons. Stainless steel so weather is not an issue.
The magazine box is synthetic but appears to be tuff. For DG a couple extras loaded in your pocket should keep you well supplied with ammo if things go awry.

No CRF which borders on unholy for this site.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goldpatnners

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,