Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
MO, CO, SD
10mm -

You might want to look at other posts in the classified section to see what the normal expectations are for the amount of information prospective buyers expect here on AH. I believe it will help you to sell your rifle more quickly.

cajunchefray

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA
Good advice from USMA84DAB.

I sold the same type Ruger 458 Lott recently here, during the COVID peak. It took a little while for the transfer as gun shops in NY State were on limited hours but we made it work. Buyer and seller were satisfied, a good deal.

Best advice is PICTURES, PICTURES, PICTURES. Take the time to do this, in good light, it makes a Lott of difference. ( Pun intended)

Show detailed pictures of the tang area, to show no cracks, many pictures of the wood stock from all sides, and the action, bottom metal, and the muzzle. Include any areas that may have nicks, dings, rub marks in the bluing. If you are the original owner, information on the rounds shot through it.

Information on preferred loads, factory or handloads, and a test target will help a Lott (pun intended). The weight of the bare rifle as well, as well as information with any accessories.

Information on shipping costs is important. I always insure the shipment at 10-15% above the sale price.

These are VERY fine rifles in demand.

Good Luck With Your Sale.

krish

Bronze supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
I took it. Talked to OP. Family owned and already taken BUFF.
Krish

ActionBob

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
NRA life, DSC, SCI
Hunted
Minnesota, Texas, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, British Columbia, Argentina, Kansas, Macedonia, Austria

Royal27

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
USA - TX, CO, GA, ID. Africa - Zimbabwe, Zambia, and South Africa (Limpopo and EC)
Think how quickly it would have sold if it had all the proper information! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PhillipBoa

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Rifle57 wrote on Rimshot's profile.
I bought some bullets from Rimshot and he is good to trade with!
Greetings all! I've been a hunter for 50 years, but only now planning a trip to Africa. I was fortunate and successfully bid on a couple hunts for plains game in SA later this year and next. Also a rare Native Texas (5th generation) and USMC Vet. Hunt safe y'all!
uujm wrote on trg's profile.
I am looking for a Safari Express. Was yours made in New Haven or South Carolina? Any other details you can give me? I am very motivated to buy.
pimes wrote on flatwater bill's profile.
Hello Bill - can you tell me that landowner/ranch/outfitter - Thank you!
Pete0905 wrote on damundsen87's profile.
Hello
Is the Khales 1-6 still for sale?
Thanks
Josh