Ruger 375 H&H Houston For Sale

Tarbe, I started watching this post right after you pulled the scope off. It's definitely a beautiful gun and would have bought it if the scope had been available. I really liked the fact you were local and the shipping, sales tax and transfer fees could have been avoided. My mouth still waters when I look at the pics! I decided to go with the 7X57 CZ550 as I thought I'd shoot it more. My issue with owning the .375 is when I travel to Africa I'm either traveling to or from Saudi so my guns are never an option. Love your Boddington and found two in 7X57 on gunbroker but they were a little more than I wanted to spend. How is the recoil on this gun in No 1? Hope you the best of luck in selling her, she looks first class all the way.

Robert

How is the recoil on this gun in No 1? Hope you the best of luck in selling her, she looks first class all the way.

Robert

Off the bench it would help to have an aftermarket pad like a Limbsaver. Offhand it is fine.

It really all depends on what you are used to. Most folks seem to feel all else being equal these guns are more of a handful than the typical bolt gun.

Smaller butt?

I am talking with a local 'smith about options for doing a 404 re-barrel on this 375.

If I go that route I will start a separate thread to move my 375 bullet stash.

If I go that route I will start a separate thread to move my 375 bullet stash.

Hmm, :E Hmmm: Last month I got 375 H&H and last week I got a reloading kit. Once I figured out what I am doing I might be interested in that...

I have a son in Houston who might like to have this rifle but not sure he could go $800.

Gents

Rifle no longer for sale. Looks like it is going to become my 404.

Watch for bullet sale thread.

Tim

Good for you Tim. I wanted it but I just don't think I want a single shot. I am in the planning stages for a DG gun. Since all on here is saying that a 375 is a mid bore I might end up with a 404 or 458.

Tarbe since you are now going to make it a 404;) Don't know if you do any stock work but TreeBone carving in NM makes a really nice 90% fit stock set for #1's. I have fit a nice English walnut set to a 45/70 #1. Single shots are my second favourite after double rifles. Look forward to seeing the rifle after you get it back from the gunsmith.

Thank you Tim, for deciding to convert it!!! I was getting pretty weak right before you decided.

@tarbe did you ever complete the 404?

Tarbe, let me know when you put the bullets up for sale. I'd like to purchase some of them for my Mauser.

Tarbe, let me know when you put the bullets up for sale. I'd like to purchase some of them for my Mauser.

Actually, this is a two year old thread that somehow got brought back up to the top.

The bullets were all sold two years ago!

Tim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip889

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois