Ruger .22 Hornet

At the risk of repeating myself and proving I am as senile as Bill....for those who are having accuracy issues with M77/22 rifles - I had one in 22 Hornet that shot horribly from the box....4" - 5" if I recall correctly.

I bedded the action and first several inches of the barrel in Devcon and the rifle became a true MOA rig.

Maybe I got lucky?

At the risk of repeating myself and proving I am as senile as Bill....for those who are having accuracy issues with M77/22 rifles - I had one in 22 Hornet that shot horribly from the box....4" - 5" if I recall correctly.

I bedded the action and first several inches of the barrel in Devcon and the rifle became a true MOA rig.

Maybe I got lucky?
I've had two of these rifles. Both were reasonably accurate, but not tack drivers. Bedding would've probably helped. I have always wanted to try out a Anschutz in 22 Hornet. But for $2200 or so, I just can't justify it.

I've had two of these rifles. Both were reasonably accurate, but not tack drivers. Bedding would've probably helped. I have always wanted to try out a Anschutz in 22 Hornet. But for $2200 or so, I just can't justify it.

Get a 22 Hornet insert for your Heym and you can have the heaviest and most expensive Hornet on the block!

.22 Hornet was quite a popular calibre brought by my clients to India for hunting Kakar deer , 4 horned buck, Black Buck, Chinkara , Barasingha , hares, baboons , mouse deer and even cranes . It is a good calibre . If legal , I suspect that it would be quite the cricket for European roe deer , as well .

You guys are making me want another one! Or find a Hornet insert for my drilling? Where do you find inserts?

Toby458
Dang that Anschutz is dearer than my custom lowall, that only set me back $2,000 for all the work plus $125 dollars for the rifle. It will also put 3 shots at 100 yards that can be covered with the base of a hornet case.
As we say in Australia tell em their dreaming at that price.
Cheers mate Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SibylLasse

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,