Ruger #1 International opinions

Buy it, buy it, buy it. It's been my preferred deer rifle for the past 4 or five years, and hasn't let me down. Mine's been dead nuts accurate for me - where 100 yards is a long shot. Great rifle, awesome cartridge.

Thanks to all who participated, but was all for naught. Had a good dialogue going with the seller, right up till i said i'd take it. Haven't heard a thing from him since. The up-side is that nice rifles are made every day. Another one will come along.

Thanks to all who participated, but was all for naught. Had a good dialogue going with the seller, right up till i said i'd take it. Haven't heard a thing from him since. The up-side is that nice rifles are made every day. Another one will come along.

Buy the No1 in .275 currently on offer here. It’s an outstanding rifle!

Heard back from the seller. His emails were going into my spam file for some reason. Rifle arrived today and it is a beauty. Got lots of different bullets and powder, just need to scare up some brass and i am in business.

IMG_0333.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a beauty! I hope it shoots as good as it looks! I've always felt that this is one of the most attractive production rifles ever made.

A bit late, but try holding the forearm resting the back of your hand on the sandbag. This has given very good results with several #1s particularly the #1 RSI.
My opinion of them! I REALLY like them & the .275 Rigby aka 7X57

A bit late, but try holding the forearm resting the back of your hand on the sandbag. This has given very good results with several #1s particularly the #1 RSI.
My opinion of them! I REALLY like them & the .275 Rigby aka 7X57
Ruger recommends using the off hand between the forearm and the bags, palm up, which I find very awkward on the bench.
I rest the forearm directly on the bags on my No.1 's but do endeavor to not see saw back and forth changing pressure/tension on the forearm. I try to keep the bag just barely ahead of the front of the receiver for each shot and If I do that I usually get quite good groups.

Nice rifle sir

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ekaterina Lobach North Fork Bullets

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!