shuter

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Website
www.roboliveauthor.com
Media
Hunted
Oregon, Montana
I've decided to sell my beautiful Ruger #1 in .450/.400 3". I would say the condition is virtually "as new". The Boddington rifles include Warne QD Ruger rings, as well as improved wood & sights (white bead front, fixed express rear). Been fired very little, but very accurate. Hard to imagine a better-set-up #1 in this caliber!

Customization/accessories included as follows:

Trop custom safety installed (MUCH easier to use & won't damage web of hand)
Graco "Brake-O" mercury recoil reducer installed in buttstock (removable, if desired, but really cuts down on recoil!)
Red Pachmayr Decelerator recoil pad installed
NECG "Classic" sling/swivels
Hornady New Dimension dies ($100 value)
Factory box & manual

Selling price $2,000 + $75 shipping to CONUS ($100 to AK/HI). This is what I have invested in the rifle & it's in perfect condition. Thanks for looking!

P.S. Also have new Hornady brass that I will sell separately.

IMG_3346.jpeg
IMG_3348.jpeg
IMG_3349.jpeg
IMG_3350.jpeg
IMG_3351.jpeg
IMG_2379.JPG
IMG_3356.jpeg
IMG_3357.jpeg
IMG_3358.jpeg
IMG_2427.JPG
IMG_3386.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Does the safety allow the spent cartridge cases to eject without catching like they do with the factory safety?

Does the safety allow the spent cartridge cases to eject without catching like they do with the factory safety?
Yes sir!

Toby all five of my Ruger #1s have never suffered from what you describe.

Nice rifle. I have a No.1 in 450/400 and it is also very accurate. Did you put the recoil reducer in yourself?

Nice rifle. I have a No.1 in 450/400 and it is also very accurate. Did you put the recoil reducer in yourself?
Thanks...no, it was installed by the same gunsmith who fitted the recoil pad.

Toby all five of my Ruger #1s have never suffered from what you describe.
I don’t own one that doesn’t catch brass unless the rifle is canted a bit during ejection. I’ve looked at that safety many times but have never been bothered enough to change one out. The no. 1 is a wonderful rifle.
good luck selling her!

I don’t own one that doesn’t catch brass unless the rifle is canted a bit during ejection. I’ve looked at that safety many times but have never been bothered enough to change one out. The no. 1 is a wonderful rifle.
good luck selling her!
And that is because Ruger designed the safety to catch the brass like that!

One guy out of 5,000 (DG hunters) want the brass to clear. The other 4,999 don't want to have to hunt for their brass.

And that is because Ruger designed the safety to catch the brass like that!

One guy out of 5,000 (DG hunters) want the brass to clear. The other 4,999 don't want to have to hunt for their brass.
Good thing this one's set up for DG hunting then!

Spectacular rifle, well done on the sale and well congratulations to the new owner, you have bought a winner. Hope you hunt a lovely old daga boy with her.
One question, does the Pachmeyer red pad come exactly sized for the No1? I want to fit one and a recoil reducer to mine. What brand recoil reducer did your gunsmith fit?
Kevin

That is a rifle that needs a good pad and even the reducer. The one I had kicked the snot out of me, it went down the road.

Spectacular rifle, well done on the sale and well congratulations to the new owner, you have bought a winner. Hope you hunt a lovely old daga boy with her.
One question, does the Pachmeyer red pad come exactly sized for the No1? I want to fit one and a recoil reducer to mine. What brand recoil reducer did your gunsmith fit?
Kevin
The pad required fitting by a gunsmith. It was a Graco reducer...I don't believe they are available any longer???

That is a rifle that needs a good pad and even the reducer. The one I had kicked the snot out of me, it went down the road.
Agreed...whole different critter set up this way...balances better to me as well, with the weight from the reducer in the buttstock.

beautiful rifle

This is a fantastic set up - sending it to the top.

Very similar to mine and I love it. Points like a fine shotgun and is very accurate with irons. Taking it across the pond to see it work in its natural habitat.

@TOBY458 never had any issues catching while ejecting with my stock safety

Hello all. I am offering something very similar on Gunbroker right now... Not the Boddington model but my 450/400 3" also has a red pachmayr pad installed as well as a Dead Mule recoil reducer. Also a NECG faux ivory bead front sight. Killed a few hogs/deer with it and it is basically in new condition. Not sure if the below link will work but it should be easy enough to find on GB.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-28 at 9.03.42 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-28 at 9.03.42 AM.png
    3 MB · Views: 97
  • Screen Shot 2021-03-28 at 9.03.43 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-28 at 9.03.43 AM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 97
  • Screen Shot 2021-03-28 at 9.03.46 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-28 at 9.03.46 AM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 86

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherrillGl

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg